Re: webschema-ISSUE-13 (Describing Real Estate): Schema.org should document how best to describe Real Estate [Feedback on Schema.org]

Martin and team have more work to do here:
http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/GoodRelations_for_Real_Estate

>From a consumer / business point of view, search engines will need to
eloquently help breakdown queries such as :
https://www.google.com/#q=two+bedroom+two+bath+two+story+house+2500+sq+ft+75254

Within that query you could have:

Structures:

- Home:
-- bedrooms
-- baths
-- floors
-- size (range) --> Measurements --> sq feet (sq meters)
-- Location --> Postal Code

- Commercial:
-- Type - Shared / UnShared Space ... (Private or Shared Conference Rooms,
Private or Shared Office Spaces, etc.) Although this might be captured
generally within Amenities, but I would not vote for that.
-- Size
-- Location
-- Amenities - has Cafeteria, high-speed internet,

But we all know that Real Estate is bought and sold by many more numerous
factors than that, such as distance to schools, nearest shopping centers,
Airport access, etc.  I would say approach it so that Google, Yahoo, or
Bing whomever, could aggregate microdata from Real Estate sites to provide
filtered results of what most consumers or businesses would use to filter
down with now.

You will also need to account for...

General Category of Real Estate such as Land versus Structures:

Land
- Location
- Size
- Inclusions
-- Included GeographicFeatures - Adjoining or included Hydrography (ponds,
lakes, adjoining oceans)
-- Included Structures - Land with included Homes, sheds, buildings

2 cents,

--
-Thad
http://www.freebase.com/view/en/thad_guidry