Re: Real Estate sites using Product and Offer?

Hi Kurt,

On 16 January 2012 23:48, Kurt Maine <kurt@develohost.com> wrote:

> I was wondering if you could do us all a favor and way in on this issue? A
> lot of us that have real estate listing sites are looking at some of the big
> players like Trula.com, and noticing that they are marking up their property
> listings and products, where the rental home or apartment is the product
> being offered.
>
> Do you think you could speak to the validity of this method, and perhaps
> confirm or deny whether this is the type of situation the Product and Offer
> types could include?
>
> As opposed to the Residence itemtype for example, which doesn't allow of to
> specify a price?
>
> Thanks, all of us really appreciate any input on the matter.

You're right, we should get this clarified. I've filed an issue to
make sure it gets tracked -
https://www.w3.org/2011/webschema/track/issues/13

Can you help by providing a few more concrete examples of real estate
listings that are out there...?

cheers,

Dan