Re: Richer information in the microdata than in the visible content in the HTML page: what is the good practice ?

Hello,
As mentioned by schema.org documentation:
*More is better, except for hidden text.*
(http://schema.org/docs/gs.html#schemaorg_expected )

However,  "hidden text" is about "hidden div's or other hidden page
elements" so, I assume "intentionally" hidden content. I believe (CSS
based) hidden divs are discouraged because for a crawler the "meaning"
of such divs is not easy to be captured ("why is hidden?").

Therefore using <meta> to capture metadata which is not shown to the
users is fine with me.  This definitely helps the Schema processor to
extract more metadata from the page.

I would recommend using <meta> as a good practice but maybe I'm wrong.

-Adrian Giurca