Re: Schema.org External Enumerations mechanism

Reading the proposal, its goals are to (a) directly "use"
externally-maintained vocabularies and datasets, (b) encourage a common
representation for values, (c) allow decentralization, and (d) preserve
simple markup.

In the pragmatic context of schema.org there are a few things I'd look for
from an extension mechanism that had those goals:

1. When I look at http://schema.org/Person and its nationality property,
I'd like to know that some values of this property have been blessed by
schema.org, and easily see what those values are and who the official
keeper of the values is. [goals (a), (b), (c)]

*** Suggestion: For enumerated values that are in fact blessed by schema.org,
publish a link to the appropriate external URL(s) on the schema.org page
for the type (e.g. in this case http://schema.org/Country).

2. When I look at http://schema.org/LocalBusiness, I'd like to know that
some subclasses of this class have been blessed by schema.org, and easily
see what those subclasses are and who the official keeper of them is.
[goals (a), (b), (c)]

*** Question: Is this use case actually covered by this spec? "Types as
enumerations" suggests that it is, as long as the subclasses don't have new
properties, but there are no examples. The section indicates that the
expression of multiple types is difficult, but it's not clear whether that
applies to the scenarios that "we do not address here" or to the scenarios
that we do address here. :-)

*** Suggestion: If this use case is not covered in the proposal, remove the
"Types as enumerations" section and flag it as future work. If it is
covered, explain its relation to
http://schema.org/docs/extension.html(i.e. Stéphane's question).

3. I'd like to declare synonymy/sameAs between values I enumerate at
http://PigLatinCountryNames.com/ and corresponding constrained values
blessed by schema.org. [goals (b), (c), (d)] If PigLatinCountryNames.com
were able to do that, it would I think address all of Danny's concerns.

*** Suggestion: Clarify the synonymy model: e.g. whether a
http://ext.schema.org/ URL is or is not synonymous with the URL it
redirects to, and if not, what it does mean (so a site can know whether or
not to use the ext.schema.org URL).

*** Suggestion: Explicitly note that schema.org doesn't provide a sameAs
declaration today, and that any future sameAs proposal should allow one
domain to declare a constrained value to be the same as a constrained value
in another domain.