Re: Maintenance Case: MathML

On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 08:20 -0700, ashok malhotra wrote:
> > Would we consider recommending a simpler to be able to do option 3,
> > without doing a full AC review?
>
> Yes, we could do that.  We could also try to make the AC review less
> onerous.  For example, could we get AC approval via a Web Ballot?

As long as it doesn't involve recommendation work, ie actually
publishing a second edition of the document, I think it would be fine.
If it involes rec work, then the patent policy gets triggered, and it
becomes more difficult to get this done through a web ballot.

One can also imagine to have some kind of "standard maintenance charter"
used by Groups in maintenance mode, without necessarily the need to have
a team contact.

Philippe