From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2024 9:09 PM
To: sancho.canela@externos.correo.gob.es
Cc: public-vc-wg@w3.org; ivan@w3.org; brent.zundel@mesur.io; RAUL ITURBE TORRE <raul.iturbe@digital.gob.es>; MARIA CARMEN BARRERA FUERTES <mariacarmen.barrera@digital.gob.es>
Subject: Re: Question about timeline for Verifiable Credentials Data Model v2.0

On Sun, Aug 11, 2024 at 1:59 PM sancho.canela@externos.correo.gob.es
<sancho.canela@externos.correo.gob.es> wrote:
> If possible, we would like to know the timeline for Verifiable Credentials Data Model v2.0 to move from the W3C Candidate Recommendation Draft to the W3C recommendation.

Hi Sancho, it's wonderful to hear of your interest in VCDM v2.0.

The specification is considered stable enough to be implemented in a pilot / non-production capacity right now. We are down to zero issues and do not expect significant changes, or even minor changes that would affect an implementation, at this point in time.

If everything goes according to plan, we plan to move to Proposed Recommendation by the end of October with a W3C Recommendation to follow shortly thereafter (by the end of the year).

That said, we know of several large governments that are already recommending the switch to VC v2.0 for their vendors and implementers.
At this point, my recommendation as the Editor for those specifications, is to target future deployments for VCDM v2.0.

I hope that answers your question; let us know if we can further help in any way.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
https://www.digitalbazaar.com/

CONFIDENTIALITY / DISCLAIMER: The contents of this e-mail are  confidential and are not to be regarded as a contractual offer or acceptance from GS1 (registered in Belgium).
If you are not the addressee, or if this has been copied or sent to you in error, you must not use data herein for any purpose, you must delete it, and should inform the sender.
GS1 disclaims liability for accuracy or completeness, and opinions expressed are those of the author alone.
GS1 may monitor communications.
Third party rights acknowledged.
(c) 2020.