Re: experimental vc-jwt 2.0 test suite

Inline:

On Mon, Apr 17, 2023 at 8:01 AM Mike Prorock <mprorock@mesur.io> wrote:

> Orie,
> Thanks for this.  I believe we can work with this approach, and we will
> contribute an implementation and help clean up and improve.  It looks like
> a second pass of test(s) could then run on the outputs of this once VC-JWT
> is verified, to then verify against the core data model.  Is that your
> thinking?

Yes, there are a couple different ways to process the results / grade them.

The idea is to allow implementation to produce both issuance and
verification results for analysis / grading.

> Also, it looks like this could be extended so that tests could run in an
> independent environment for those with proprietary implementations.  Is
> that a correct read as well?

Yes, building on docker also gives us some tools to help consider some of
the tougher parts of cryptographic testing such as FIPS.

-
https://ubuntu.com/blog/building-and-running-fips-containers-on-ubuntu18-04

There are some more advanced features we could consider:

- publishing a conformance image that makes evaluation of the test suite
easier, friendlier for private environments.
- publishing a GitHub Action so that conformance evaluation can be dropped
into any CI pipeline on GitHub (even private repos).

Some of the current pathing / data flows might need to be touched up to
make these easier in the future.

I am currently mounting a data directory and assuming some pathing, which
feels a bit awkward.

Mike Prorock