From: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>
Sent: Sunday, 28 August 2022 17:29
To: Shigeya Suzuki <shigeya@wide.ad.jp>
Cc: public-vc-wg@w3.org
Subject: Re: Funded Deployments of Verifiable Credentials

CAUTION: This email originated from outside the organization. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

On Sun, Aug 28, 2022 at 9:57 AM Shigeya Suzuki <shigeya@wide.ad.jp> wrote:
> I've been involved with several pilots funded by each pilot participant in Japan.
> Also, one prototype with funding. Does this fit into what you want to collect?

It's the funded Pilots that we're trying to collect right now. There are plenty of funded prototypes, so what we are trying to demonstrate is that large organizations are starting to put significant amounts of money into Verifiable Credentials and Decentralized Identifiers.

With that said, it just dawned on me that we might want to also include acquisitions of and fund raises in companies that have VCs as a core part of what they do-- such as Evernym, SecureKey, Avast, Spruce, etc.

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
News: Digital Bazaar Announces New Case Studies (2021) https://www.digitalbazaar.com/