Re: F2F: VCWG F2F March 4-5 in Barcelona

Hi Chairs

I took "but you can go ahead and make flight reservations" as a firm
commitment, which is why I bought my tickets.

Given that Mr Trump now seems to be crumbling (according to the BBC
News) we can hope that the US Govt will start up again pretty soon and
Matt should get his passport in time. One can only imagine the upset if
nearly a million US citizens still remain unpaid a month from now, not
to mention those on food stamps and rent support.

So let's not panic, and press on with optimism that things can only get
better, including a published spec in the near future.

Kind regards

David

p.s. The US is not the only govt up the creek. The UK govt has currently:
a) signed a £million+ contract with a new ferry company that does not
have any ships
b) tried to recreate congestion to the ferry ports that take 1600
lorries a day and got only 86 lorries to turn up to test their
procedures (imagine if we tried such a scalability test with our
software :-)
c) got defeated twice in the House of Commons this week
d) are doing a massive U turn on no deal, after saying it would be a
disaster and would never happen, and are now making provisions for it
(and spending over £2billion on this). I wish I had £2billion to spend
on something that could never happen. I have spend £200 on an airfare
and am seriously concerned about this.