Re: Subject Holder Relationship

On 20/12/2017 08:07, =Drummond Reed wrote:
> Excellent analysis, Joe. Seems right on. It's almost finding a new
> element that fits into a missing hold in the periodic table.

Perhaps it could be a compound with the same molecular weight as the
missing element :-)

> On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 5:00 PM, Joe Andrieu <joe@joeandrieu.com
> <mailto:joe@joeandrieu.com>> wrote:

Good analysis, but I think the recruiter is still working on behalf of
the subject. The subject sends their VCs to the recruiter and asks (or
agrees to) the recruiter sending them to the employer on his/her behalf.
The subject has also probably signed a contract with, or agreed to the
terms of business of the recruiter (including privacy/disclosure rules).
The recruiter may have also withheld some information back such as the
name or contact details of the subject.

So whilst it is true that the recruiter is being paid by the employer,
the recruiter is in fact acting on behalf of both parties. Hence my
reference to a compound in reply to Drummond :-)

But this is definitely an interesting VC use case, and clearly the
employer will need to validate that the communication is coming from the
recruiter and not from any random holder. So I will add it as an example
of acts4 verifier

kind regards

David