Re: Subject Holder Relationship

David,

I think you're making it unnecessarily complicated, perhaps just so you
don't have to update the diagram. =)
I am contacted by recruiters all the time because of my LinkedIn
profile, which includes things like my educational credentials.
They are not acting on my behalf.

I have no relationship with them.

99% of the time it is just SPAM and an annoyance.

They are working for their client, who needs to hire talent. As the
holder of the credential--which they downloaded from LinkedIn--they are
acting on behalf of the verifier, their client.
-j

On Wed, Dec 20, 2017, at 1:37 AM, David Chadwick wrote:

> On 20/12/2017 08:07, =Drummond Reed wrote:
>> Excellent analysis, Joe. Seems right on. It's almost finding a new
>> element that fits into a missing hold in the periodic table.
>
> Perhaps it could be a compound with the same molecular weight as the
> missing element :-)
>

>> On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 5:00 PM, Joe Andrieu <joe@joeandrieu.com
>> <mailto:joe@joeandrieu.com>> wrote:
>
> Good analysis, but I think the recruiter is still working on behalf of> the subject. The subject sends their VCs to the recruiter and asks (or> agrees to) the recruiter sending them to the employer on
> his/her behalf.> The subject has also probably signed a contract with, or agreed to the> terms of business of the recruiter (including
> privacy/disclosure rules).> The recruiter may have also withheld some information back such as the> name or contact details of the subject.
>
> So whilst it is true that the recruiter is being paid by the employer,> the recruiter is in fact acting on behalf of both parties. Hence my
> reference to a compound in reply to Drummond :-)
>
> But this is definitely an interesting VC use case, and clearly the
> employer will need to validate that the communication is coming
> from the> recruiter and not from any random holder. So I will add it as
> an example> of acts4 verifier
>
> kind regards
>
> David
>

>>   __
>>   Here's where I was thinking...
>>
>>   In the VRM conversation, the question of who works for whom was
>>   resolved by following the money.
>>
>>   The subject of the credential is the candidate.
>>   The recruiter is holder.
>>   The prospective employer is the verifier.
>>
>>   The employer is paying the recruiter to find them qualified
>>   candidates. The employer reviews and verifies any credentials they>>   receive before scheduling an interview. Hence, the recruiter is
>>   working for the employer and therefore, the holder is acting
>>   for the>>   verifier.
>>
>>   I think that matches your chart.
>>
>>   -j
>>
>>   On Tue, Dec 19, 2017, at 12:59 PM, David Chadwick wrote:
>>>   Hi Joe
>>>
>>>   On second thoughts this is another example of holder acts4
>>>   subject if>>>   the client subsequently validates the VC. But if the client
>>>   relies on>>>   the recruiter to validate the VC, then the client does not need
>>>   the VC>>>   so it is not an example of a VC use case
>>>
>>>   Comments?
>>>
>>>   David
>>>

>>>   On 19/12/2017 20:38, Joe Andrieu wrote:
>>>
>>>       Nice.
>>>
>>>       For the case of the holder acting for a verifier: a recruiter>>>       passing on
>>>       verified credentials of a candidate to their client.
>>>

>>>       On Tue, Dec 19, 2017, at 12:20 PM, David Chadwick wrote:
>>>
>>>           Hi Everyone
>>>
>>>           given that today we discussed the topic of subject not
>>>           being the holder,
>>>           I thought I would try to classify the different types of
> [...]

+1(805)705-8651Do what matters.
http://legreq.com[1]

Links:

  1. http://www.legendaryrequirements.com