Re: Why SPF and DK are not being used

Jeff, can you explain what were the causes for mailing list email
failing DKIM and SPF?

With DKIM, the expected problem is mangling by mailing lists e.g. of
subject line, some headers (e.g. `from`), and sometimes of content (e.g.
appending list data). The standard has mechanisms that are supposed to
overcome all of these, so I wonder - was this the problem and how these
DKIM mechanisms failed?

Mailing lists are not supposed to create problem for classic SPF since
it validates the MAIL FROM address, which is (normally) changed to point
at the list anyway. So I wonder if the problems you had were with
mailing lists that did not change MAIL FROM (some don't - which is a
real pain to senders anyway, of course, regardless of spam), or with a
filter that used SPF record to validate other email identifiers such as
the PRA.

If others have similar experiences, or if someone knows of a relevant
study, I'll appreciate the details; I propose you send this directly to
me to avoid cluttering the list (I can send summary to the list).

Best, Amir Herzberg