Re: Conspicously absent: social engineering and cross-domain problems

     --
James A. Donald:

Amir Herzberg wrote:
 > Do you mean to authenticate to the `login helper
 > trusted party (LHTP)` using as a shared key the hash
 > of your master password, and they'll send the user's
 > `random number` ? That does seem a reasonable
 > solution.

Yes, that is what I had in mind.  People could set up
their own LHTP, and should, though I suspect that in 99%
of cases they would not.

     --digsig
          James A. Donald
      qBdRErAutLEdjR1mPQ2Zl2Eqn7IF8CyS2TA5vCzq
      44H3q2ghG+CUbrkg8p+dXd4XpoSEkKZ5rIdaUttU6