Re: URI scheme approval process

At 14:51 25/05/04 +0900, Martin Duerst wrote:
>> > 3. Is there an *authoritiative* list of *proposed* schemes that are
>> > undergoing this approval process?
>>
>>No; at least: I'm not aware of one.
>
>I think what would come closest to this is the IETF draft tracker at
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi. But of course
>it's tough to find the drafts that relate to URI scheme proposals
>in there.

Just a thought...

Recently, a proposal [1] for registering message header fields was approved
as BCP (yet to be published as RFC), which provides for a "provisional"
registry as a way to address this kind of issue.  Maybe consider something
similar for URI schemes?

I note an argument against this is that it might appear to encourage a
proliferation of URI schemes, which would have costs not associated with
message headers.  (TOH, maybe better to proliferate in public view than in
private enclaves?)

#g
--

[1]