Re: 2006-09-07 some test on unicorn

Hello,

I think that message highlights something important: the user doesn't
know, and can't know which observers are supported and thus can be
disappointed when trying to check a document.

It could be interesting to add somewhere a list of all the observers
supported. As Unicorn maintains this list internally, it shouldn't be
difficult to create a page based on that.
To be a little more precise, it may be already feasible by simply
creating a new template file, as for the en_index.html.vm. I am not sure
that the list of observers is passed to the context of the template
engine, but it can be done in about one line of code :).
Moreover, if I remember well, in the RDF file of each observer, it is
possible to add a description, a maintainer, and some other meta-data.
So the resulting page could become very informative if it used those data.

Another interesting thing would be to write which observers are involved
in each task. For example, when we select a task, a little text appears
near the dropdown list with the list of observers that _might_ be
called. Thanks to that, the user won't try (well, he can if he wants,
but he will know that he won't have any interesting result) to use the
"General Conformance check" task on a SVG document as he knows it won't
work.

Regards,
Jean-Gui