RE: [tvcontrol-api] Channel#nextEvent and onCurrentEventChanged missing

HI Chris,

I don't know what was meant but looking at what we have for now, it would make sense to refer to events with which programmes are associated.

Best regards, Jean-Pierre
From: Chris Needham via GitHub [sysbot+gh@w3.org]
Sent: 05 December 2016 22:36
To: public-tvcontrol@w3.org
Subject: Re: [tvcontrol-api] Channel#nextEvent and onCurrentEventChanged missing

I assume you mean `nextProgram`, rather than `nextEvent` or
`nextProperty`?

I agree about the need for an event on program change. If this event
can only be generated for channels currently being streamed, it would
be better for this event to be in an interface more closely related to
 the `TVMediaStream` - i.e., the revised `TVTuner` concept described
in
https://github.com/w3c/tvcontrol-api/issues/4#issuecomment-259467862
and
[here](https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tvcontrol/2016Dec/0010.html)
 - rather than `TVChannel`.

If we introduce properties to get the current and next programmes, how
 should these relate to the EPG information available through
`TVChannel::getPrograms()`? Should they be exposed through the revised
 `TVTuner`, or from `TVChannel`?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by chrisn
Please view or discuss this issue at

If you have received this email in error, please notify the system manager. This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by the mailgateway