Re: Make IMSC-HRM an "undateable Recommendation"?

The review period for this CfC has now concluded with no objections; I’m declaring that we have consensus to proceed with requesting transition of IMSC-HRM to Proposed Recommendation with the Status of this Document wording applicable to an updateable Recommendation.

I will ask for the transition request to be unpaused on this basis.

Nigel

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Monday, 29 January 2024 at 15:00
To: "public-tt@w3.org" <public-tt@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Make IMSC-HRM an "undateable Recommendation"?

Apologies for the typo in the subject: it should be “updateable Recommendation”!

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Monday, 29 January 2024 at 15:00
To: "public-tt@w3.org" <public-tt@w3.org>
Subject: CfC: Make IMSC-HRM an "undateable Recommendation"?
Resent from: <public-tt@w3.org>
Resent date: Monday, 29 January 2024 at 14:59

TTWG,

I noticed from the transition request<https://github.com/w3c/transitions/issues/590> to take IMSC-HRM out of CR that we did not apply the change needed to make it a Recommendation to which additional features can be added post-publication, using the streamlined process at https://www.w3.org/2020/Process-20200915/#revised-rec-features

Unfortunately this requires a change to the SOTD, and it must be done before publication as a Rec. I have raised issue 78<https://github.com/w3c/imsc-hrm/issues/78> on IMSC-HRM regarding this.

Apologies for this oversight. If anyone has any objections to making the necessary change please let me know as soon as possible.

Please consider this email a Call for Consensus to make IMSC-HRM an updateable recommendation. I will open a corresponding pull request shortly.

As per our normal review process the review period for this CfC will end in 10 working days, on 2024-02-12.

If I receive objections earlier, and there’s no prospect of resolving them other than by staying with the current draft, I will close the CfC without consensus and then allow the transition request to continue.

Kind regards,