Re: Agenda items re: CR exit criteria

> I wonder if the anamorphic font size tests are needed at all, as Nigel points out, they merely result from a note being promoted to normative text.

That is the reason why the Director has asked for a test. Sorry if I wasn't clear about this before.

Kind regards,

Nigel

From: Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com<mailto:pal@sandflow.com>>
Date: Thursday, 13 September 2018 at 02:26
To: Cyril Concolato <cconcolato@netflix.com<mailto:cconcolato@netflix.com>>
Cc: TTWG <public-tt@w3.org<mailto:public-tt@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Agenda items re: CR exit criteria

Hi Cyril,

> - the fact that the font size tests are not passing

I wonder if the anamorphic font size tests are needed at all, as Nigel points out, they merely result from a note being promoted to normative text. In addition, I have not been able to find implementations of the feature besides TTPE, so, this perhaps reduces the need for a test even further assuming that TTML1 3ED merely clarified what TTPE already implemented.

> - The fact that TTPE and ttval columns are empty

Yes, I am hoping Glenn can fill in the TTPE column, which is necessary.

TTVal should not be needed, hopefully.

>  It seems pretty straight-forward. Do you foresee any problem with that?

I do not, and hopefully the rest of the group feels the same.

Best,

-- Pierre

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 4:45 PM Cyril Concolato <cconcolato@netflix.com<mailto:cconcolato@netflix.com>> wrote:
Thanks Pierre. Some comments below.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2018 at 4:19 PM Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com<mailto:pal@sandflow.com>> wrote:
Hi Cyril,

> Do you have precise aspects for which you want careful review?

Yes:

- finalize the TTML1 3ED exit criteria tests [1]
The PR seems to be approved by Nigel. There is a comment by Glenn but thee does not seem to be objection. Can we merge it? Or are you expecting something else?

- identify and resolve gaps in the TTML1 3ED implementation report [6]
I see 2 concerns:
- The fact that TTPE and ttval columns are empty
- the fact that the font size tests are not passing
Any other concern? What do you suggest?

- review the definitions of "strictly pass" and "fully pass" at [2] in the context of the TTML2 exit criteria
What exactly do you mean? Would you prefer having just pass or fail, no intermediate value?

- finalize the TTML2 exit criteria tests [ed.: [3] provides a list for validation tests. I do not see a comparable list for presentation tests, and two of the presentation tests are at [4] while the others are presumably at [5].]
I'm not sure I get it. Are you requesting a JSON file for the presentation tests?

- identify and resolve gaps in the TTML2 implementation report
Can you elaborate? Are you concerned about the features that currently don't fulfill the exit criteria? Or is it more than that? Any suggestion?

- review the IMSC 1.1 implementation report [7]
 It seems pretty straight-forward. Do you foresee any problem with that?

Cyril

[1] https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/361

[2] https://github.com/w3c/ttml2-tests/blob/master/README.md

[3] https://github.com/w3c/ttml2-tests/blob/master/validation/tests.json