Re: CSS Ruby Module

On 12-May-18 16:20, Glenn Adams wrote:
> Nigel,
>
> Could you formally ask W3M or CSSWG why the published WD of the Ruby
> Module has not been updated in approximately 4 years? What is
> preventing the publishing of a new WD?

W3M is unlikely to have an answer, but CSS WG will and the editors
(copied) even more so.

The latest Editors Draft is 20 March 2018, so development is ongoing
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-ruby-1/

There are 18 open issues and 7 closed
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/labels/css-ruby-1

The changes (broad-brush, not very detailed) since the last WD:
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-ruby-1/#changes

> TTML2 references the (quite old) WD [1], but we really would like it
> to be updated to a current ED [2].

If you are happy referencing an ED, I suggest you do so.

If you need a /TR snapshot (and are happy referencing a WD), what are
your timeline constraints?

--
Chris Lilley
@svgeesus