W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > January 2018

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 2018-01-25

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 18:25:19 +0000
To: TTWG <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D68D2E88.532E5%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 120m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Check https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20180125T10&p1=43

Thursdays 10:03am-12:00pm Boston local

Joining details:

see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2016Oct/0009.html
(members-only link  if you can't see this and wish to join please contact me)

Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chairs: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: usually Nigel  open to offers!

Regrets: None

Activity since last meeting:
See individual agenda items for recent activity on specific products

Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/
We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.
Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!

IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse
TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse
TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse
TTML Profile Registry: https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pulse
TTML-WebVTT mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse
WebVTT: https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics  I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
1. TTML2 Actions, Pull Requests and Issues
2. TTML1 Actions, Third Edition Pull Requests and Issues
3. IMSC Actions, Pull Requests and Issues
4. IMSC vNext requirements Actions, Pull Requests and Issues
5. CSS Actions Review
6. WebVTT (David Singer to Chair if present)
7. HDR in PNG (placeholder)
8. AOB  please notify of any other AOB now!


Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

February meetings:

Thursday 1st February: TTWG meeting ? Hour(s)
Thursday 8th February: TTWG meeting ? Hour(s)
Thursday 15th February: TTWG meeting ? Hour(s)
Thursday 22nd February: TTWG meeting ? Hour(s)

IMSC 2 and TTML2 publication events: see the timeline of upcoming work at https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work

Further ahead:

Thursday 1st March: TTWG meeting ? Hour(s)
Thursday 8th March: TTWG meeting ? Hour(s)
Thursday 15th March: TTWG meeting ? Hour(s)
Thursday 22nd March: TTWG meeting ? Hour(s)
Thursday 29th March: TTWG meeting ? Hour(s)


Agenda+ TTML2 Actions, Pull Requests and Issues

Actions

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-443<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443/edit>     open    Prepare a document showing mapping arib ruby extension features to ttml2 for use as a liaison document to arib.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>   Glenn Adams     2016-08-26      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-462<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462/edit>     open    Create issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and profiles of ttml"<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>   Glenn Adams     2016-04-28      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>

Recent Activity

 10 Pull requests merged by 3 people

  *   Merged #555 Remove ttp:mediaDuration (#549).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/555> 3 days ago
  *   Merged #537 Deprecate rather than obsolete ttp:feature value "use" (#357).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/537> 4 days ago
  *   Merged #536 Remove ttp:mediaOffset (#323).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/536> 4 days ago
  *   Merged #585 Validate everything when building<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/585> 4 days ago
  *   Merged #581 Remove mention that dfxp is present in the publication URL (#567).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/581> 4 days ago
  *   Merged #580 Fix typo as in ttml1/#316 (#358).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/580> 4 days ago
  *   Merged #576 Fix typo as in ttml1/#204 (#358).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/576> 4 days ago
  *   Merged #564 Incorporate material regarding fetching external resources and privacy.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/564> 5 days ago
  *   Merged #520 Add display alignment and fix timing in examples in Appendix S (#459).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/520> 5 days ago
  *   Merged #566 Minor errata and other cleanup.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/566> 6 days ago

 10 Issues closed by 3 people

  *   Closed #76 Appendix N assumption that root temporal extent corresponds with the beginning of a related media object<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/76> 3 days ago
  *   Closed #549 Remove ttp:mediaDuration.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/549> 3 days ago
  *   Closed #357 Deprecate rather than obsolete ttp:feature value="use".<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/357> 4 days ago
  *   Closed #323 Remove ttp:mediaOffset.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/323> 4 days ago
  *   Closed #584 Make validate a dependency on the build target<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/584> 4 days ago
  *   Closed #567 Remove introduction reference to ttaf1-dfxp URL.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/567> 4 days ago
  *   Closed #568 Find a way to publish non-spec documents on gh-pages.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/568> 4 days ago
  *   Closed #405 Privacy review umbrella issue<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/405> 5 days ago
  *   Closed #404 Reference CORS, Fetch etc<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/404> 5 days ago
  *   Closed #459 Examples in section S use an unusual tts:displayAlign setting.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/459> 5 days ago

  *
Pull Requests open for review (to discuss if requested):

 10 Pull requests proposed by 2 people
Proposed #569 Align initial values of tts:origin and tts:position (#551).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/569>
Proposed #570 Remove animate, begin, dur, end, region and timeContainer of br elements (#552).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/570>
Proposed #572 Remove tts:inlineAreaBreak (#571).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/572>
Proposed #573 Port TTML1 fix for ttml1/#192 (#358).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/573>
Proposed #574 Apply fix for ttml1/#197 (#358).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/574>
Proposed #575 Apply fix for ttml1/#201 (#358).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/575>
Proposed #577 Add note as per ttml1/#235 (#358).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/577>
Proposed #578 Apply fix from ttml1/#275 (#358).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/578>
Proposed #579 Apply patch from ttml1/#304 (#358).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/579>
Proposed #586 Add note clarifying definition of [content element] (#276).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/586>

Plus 7 pull requests open for longer:

Proposed #545 Correct semantics for DAR/PAR when SAR is specified (#539).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/545>
Proposed #556 Deprecate pixels without specified extent (#330).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/556>
Proposed #557 Remove tts:fillLineGap (#429).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/557>
Proposed #558 Remove ttp:activeArea (#428).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/558>
Proposed #562 Clarify usages of tts:direction, including relationship to tts:unicodeBidi (#264).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/562>
Proposed #563 Remove textAlign on span and mark inlineBlock, ipd and bpd at risk<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/563>
Proposed #565 Require support for DFXP presentation and transformation profiles (#3<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/565>


New (and old) Issues to discuss:

 3 Issues created by 2 people
Opened #583 Prune elements whose condition evaluates to false?<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/583>
Opened #582 Define new feature designator for extent modifications, including measure<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/582>
Opened #571 Remove tts:inlineAreaBreak.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/571>

(Plus unresolved issues with ongoing conversations, to be confirmed.)

Issues marked as Agenda:

Add example fragments and images. <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/359> Agenda<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aagenda>
Incorporate resolutions of additional TTML1 Issues. <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/358> Agenda<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aagenda>

Links

Most recent WD published at https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/WD-ttml2-20170630/
Current ED available at https://w3c.github.io/ttml2/

Current open issues:  https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues
See spreadsheet of editorial actions at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx
Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md



Agenda+ TTML1 Actions, Pull Requests and Issues

Actions  none in Tracker

Recent Activity

 5 Pull requests merged by 2 people

  *   Merged #323 Clarify LWSP in color expressions<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/323>
  *   Merged #321 Clarify validation of undefined items in TT namespaces<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/321>
  *   Merged #329 Fix typo at #transformation feature<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/329>
  *   Merged #333 Validate everything when building<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/333>
  *   Merged #318 Clarify anonymous span construction and implicit duration semantics<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/318>

 6 Issues closed by 1 person

  *   Closed #322 Clarify use of whitespace in rgb()<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/322>
  *   Closed #251 Use of attributes in TTML namespace but NOT defined in TTML1 <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/251>
  *   Closed #316 Typo in fragment ID for #content in #transformation and #presentation definitions<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/316>
  *   Closed #332 Make validate a dependency on the build target<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/332>
  *   Closed #193 Inconsistent implicit duration of singleton span in sequential container.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/193>
  *   Closed #310 Implicit durations of <set> and <br> not specified<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/310>
  *

Pull Requests To Review (if discussion requested)

 1 Pull request proposed by 1 person

  *   Proposed #334 Clarify relationship between media time expressions and media times<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/334> 22 hours ago

Plus 8 open for longer:

  *   Proposed #326 Refactor #writingMode feature<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/326>
  *   Proposed #327 Refactor #textOutline feature description<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/327>
  *   Proposed #328 Improve overflow example<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/328>
  *   Proposed #330 Discourage animation class children on <br><https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/330>
  *   Proposed #331 Clarify tts:direction on <p><https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/331>

Add Media timing section<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/319>
Clarify tts:fontSize semantics<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/301>
Specify semantics of fontSize in 'em' on region<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/279>

New (and old) Issues to Discuss

(Plus unresolved issues with ongoing conversations, to be confirmed.)

 0 Issues created by 0 people

0 issues marked as Agenda

Links

TTML1 issues labelled for the agenda: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/labels/agenda
TTML1 issues blocked: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/labels/blocked
Current open issues: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues

Agenda+ IMSC Actions, Pull Requests and Issues

Actions

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-509<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/509>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/509/edit>     open    Propose liaison text for the imsc 1.1 fpwd<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/509>        Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2017-10-12      TTML IMSC 2.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/10>

Recent Activity

 2 Pull requests merged by 1 person

  *   Merged #308 Tidy specification<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/308> 2 hours ago
  *   Merged #287 Clarify forcedDisplay semantics<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/287> 3 hours ago

 3 Issues closed by 2 people

  *   Closed #284 Improve itts:forcedDisplay description<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/284> 3 hours ago
  *   Closed #158 Same and cross origin requirements not specified.<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/158> 22 hours ago
  *   Closed #218 First Pass at IMSC2 to CSS Fallback<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/218> 5 days ago

  *

Pull Requests To Review (if discussion requested)

 5 Pull requests proposed by 1 person

  *   Proposed #299 Clarify handling of foreign elements and attributes<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/299>
  *   Proposed #304 Clarify name of IMSC namespaces<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/304>
  *   Proposed #305 Add permitted-deprecated link to Section 6<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/305>
  *   Proposed #306 Use Root Container Region consistently<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/306>
  *   Proposed #307 Defer to TTML2 for security and privacy considerations <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/307>

Plus 7 pull requests open for longer:

  *   Proposed #290 Deprecate ittm:altText<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/290> 8 days ago
  *   Proposed #291 Deprecate ittp:aspectRatio<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/291> 8 days ago
  *   Proposed #293 Remove nested ruby and ruby overhang features<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/293> 8 days ago
  *   Proposed #295 Remove background-color feature per removal in TTML2<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/295> 8 days ago
  *   Proposed #296 Prohibit simultaneous tts:origin and tts:position<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/296> 8 days ago
  *   Proposed #297 Remove ttp:version and fix examples<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/297> 8 days ago
  *   Proposed #298 Clarify the limits of Active Area per its syntax<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/298> 7 days ago

New (and old) Issues to Discuss

 4 Issues created by 2 people

  *   Opened #303 Add permitted-deprecated to intro text of 6<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/303> 5 days ago
  *   Opened #302 Root Container is not defined<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/302> 5 days ago
  *   Opened #301 Naming of IMSC namespaces<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/301> 6 days ago
  *   Opened #300 Missing text how attributes in IMSC Style namespace should be processed<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/300> 6 days ago

  *   Issues marked for the agenda:
  *   Minimum URI schema support not defined. <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/157> Agenda<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aagenda>
  *   Resolution of relative URI values of smpte:backgroundImage not defined. <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/156> Agenda<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aagenda>
  *   Image profile should permit embedded images using smpte:image. <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/82> Agenda<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aagenda>
  *   Yiddish in captions/subtitles <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/38> agenda<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aagenda>
  *   HRM should be a processor compliance test and allow different levels of complexity for different use cases <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/15> agenda<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3Aagenda>

Links

IMSC issues labelled for the agenda: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/labels/agenda :
IMSC issues blocked: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/labels/blocked

IMSC 1.0.1
Editor's draft is directly viewable at http://w3c.github.io/imsc/imsc1/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html
IMSC 1.0.1 CR published at https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/CR-ttml-imsc1.0.1-20170713/
IMSC 1.0.1 Implementation report at https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_0_1_Implementation_Report
IMSC 1 Rec available at https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/REC-ttml-imsc1-20160421/
Patent policy call for exclusions sent 2017-02-03, archived at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2017Feb/0006.html

IMSC Implementation Page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_implementation_page.
IMSC Tests repository: https://github.com/w3c/imsc-tests

IMSC 1.1 FPWD: https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/WD-ttml-imsc1.1-20171017/

Unicode CLDR discussion
Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915
Pierre's response to the recent update is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915#comment:9
Email response from Shervin at Unicode https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0018.html


Agenda+ IMSC vNext Requirements


Links

IMSCvNext Requirements editor's draft: https://w3c.github.io/imsc-vnext-reqs/
IMSCvNext Requirements repository: https://github.com/w3c/imsc-vnext-reqs

Recent Activity

 1 Issue closed by 1 person

  *   Closed #13 is tts:textShadow required?<https://github.com/w3c/imsc-vnext-reqs/issues/13>

Pull requests for review (to discuss if requested)

3 open for longer than a week:

  *   Proposed #16 Constrain text emphasis position to 'outside'<https://github.com/w3c/imsc-vnext-reqs/pull/16>
  *   Proposed #17 Specify deprecation model<https://github.com/w3c/imsc-vnext-reqs/pull/17>

List features that are excluded from deprecation requirements<https://github.com/w3c/imsc-vnext-reqs/pull/12>


PROPOSAL: Publish IMSC v1.1 Requirements as a WG Note

Links

IMSC Requirements issues labelled for the agenda: https://github.com/w3c/imsc-vnext-reqs/labels/agenda :
IMSC Requirements issues blocked: https://github.com/w3c/imsc-vnext-reqs/labels/blocked


Agenda+ CSS actions review

Are CSS issues filed for all style attributes for which we believe CSS work is needed?

See also https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2017Nov/0109.html

CSS WG review

Minutes from TTWG and CSS WG joint meeting at TPAC: https://www.w3.org/2017/11/09-tt-minutes.html#item35
Minutes from CSS WG Paris F2F that Nigel attended remotely on Friday 4th August: https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2017Sep/0000.html
This is at https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/CSSRequirements

TAG design review issue: https://github.com/w3ctag/design-reviews/issues/138

CSS Review of TTML2, threads: FW: TTML2 horizontal review with CSS<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0013.html> and Fwd: Subtitle/caption styling + TTML + CSS<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0019.html>

CSS 2.2 request for reviews from TTWG et al: Pre-announcement of CR for CSS 2.2 & request for reviews<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0017.html> When can we schedule a review and gather feedback?


Agenda+ WebVTT

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-396<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit>     open    Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>   David Singer    2015-04-17      WebVTT 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
ACTION-502<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/502>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/502/edit>     open    Explain to david that we need a more consistent disposition of comments for webvtt.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/502>       Thierry Michel  2017-08-10      WebVTT 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>



Links

WebVTT Wide review wiki page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebVTT_Wide_Review

Activity

No activity this week

6 Pull requests currently open.

Agenda+ HDR in PNG [placeholder agenda item]

Links

We published this Note at https://www.w3.org/TR/png-hdr-pq/ (republished 25th July incorporating fix for typo)

Repo for PQ HDR in PNG: https://github.com/w3c/png-hdr-pq
Draft WG Note: https://w3c.github.io/png-hdr-pq/

Activity

None

Agenda+ AOB

References

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
Received on Tuesday, 23 January 2018 18:25:47 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 23 January 2018 18:25:48 UTC