Re: TTML2 comments on roll-up and paint-on captions

At present, one might say that TTML always operates in paint on mode, in
the sense that if some content is active at a given time it is painted on
at that time.

As for rollup mode, how would you control the timing of when content is
added to a region? Current 608/708 content is implicitly timed by its
binding to video content, but how would this occur if spans were not timed
so as to cause them to become active in a region at a given time?