Re: DOM reference in WebVTT Draft CG Report

On Wed, 12 Oct 2016 09:55:50 +0200, Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:

> Simon, David,
>
> Looking at WebVTT Draft Community Group Report, 15 July 2016
> https://w3c.github.io/webvtt/
>
> I see a normative reference to
> [WHATWG-DOM]
>      Anne van Kesteren. DOM Standard. Living Standard. URL:
> https://dom.spec.whatwg.org/
>
> This normative reference could be a problem.
>
> could'nt you use instead W3C DOM4
> W3C Recommendation 19 November 2015
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/REC-dom-20151119/
>

> Thierry

The TR versions could do that if referencing WHATWG specs is a problem.
For the CG report I would like to reference the upstream, most up-to-date
version of a given spec, rather than a stable but out-of-date spec that
has issues that have been fixed in the upstream version.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software