W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > October 2016

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-10-13

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 10:30:39 +0000
To: W3C Public TTWG <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D423CF79.2CDDE%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 90m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20161013T10&p1=43


Thursdays 10:03am-11:30am (or 12:00pm for 2 hour meetings) Boston local

Joining details:

see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2016Oct/0009.html


Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chairs: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: usually Nigel – open to offers!

Regrets:

Activity since last meeting:
See individual agenda items for recent activity on specific products

Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/

We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.
Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!

IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse

TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse

TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse

TTML Profile Registry: https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pulse

TTML-WebVTT mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse

WebVTT: https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse


Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
1. TTML2 issues, actions, PRs etc
2. Profile registry
3. IMSC
4. TTML and WebVTT mapping document
5. Progress on HTMLCue proposal
6. Unicode liaison
7. WebVTT comments
8. F2F meeting planning
9. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!


Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

October Meetings:
Thursday 20th October: TTWG phone meeting 1.5 hours
Thursday 27th October: TTWG phone meeting 1.5 hours

Further ahead:

1st November: draft TTML2 Candidate Recommendation
Thursday 3rd November: TTWG phone meeting 1.5 hours
Thursday 10th November: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 17th November: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 24th November: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour

IMSC 2 and TTML2 publication events: see the timeline of upcoming work at https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work



Agenda+ TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-443<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443/edit>     open    Prepare a document showing mapping arib ruby extension features to ttml2 for use as a liaison document to arib.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>   Glenn Adams     2016-08-26      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-462<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462/edit>     open    Create issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and profiles of ttml"<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>   Glenn Adams     2016-04-28      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-480<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/480>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/480/edit>     open    Request schedule time for horizontal review of ttml2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/480>      Thierry Michel  2016-09-26      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-481<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/481>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/481/edit>     open    Provide nigel with a list of new features in ttml2 to begin reviewing<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/481>     Glenn Adams     2016-09-26      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>

Merged Pull Requests: Change {vw,vh} unit names to {rw,rh} (#181).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/199>; Issue 0196 ruby align with base<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/198>; Augment use of lwsp in ttp:{content,processor}Profiles (#170).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/185>; Issue 0192 add features<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/194>.
Open Pull Requests: Issue 0173 safe crop area editor<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/197>.
Closed Issues: Viewport unit {vw,vh} naming: {rw,rh} preferred.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/181>; Keyword value withBase not defined by tts:rubyAlign<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/196>; Ensure that it is possible to extract plain text<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/151>; Allow LWSP around quantified designator list in ttp:{content,processor}Profiles<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/170>; Create a registry of named metadata items.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/188>; Add feature designators for new style properties.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/192>
New Issues: Add support for Audio Description requirements<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/195>; Add examples of new features commonly used with Japanese content<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/193>.
Discussed Issues: (as above).

Current open issues: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues and https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues


See spreadsheet of editorial actions at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx


Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md


More volunteers welcomed!

TTML Change Proposals – progress and review

Change Proposal Index is at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex


The current priority 2 CPs (needs to be complete before WD for Wide Review) are:

5       OPEN    2       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
7       OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   3D extensions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal007>
9       OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  IMSC2   Complexity model<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal009>
11      OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   Metadata vocab<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal011>
15      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
17      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
19      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
21      OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   Typography.I18n<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal021>
25      OPEN    2       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>


Agenda+ Profiles registry.

Working Group Note published at https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-profile-registry/


Merged pull request: Update index.html<https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pull/27>
Open pull requests: Add section 4 descriptions<https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pull/28>; Update index.html<https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pull/30>
Closed issues: RFC 3023 need to be updated to RFC 7303<https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/issues/26>; RFC 3023 need to be updated to RFC 7303<https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/issues/26>
New issue: spurious # in URLs table 4.1<https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/issues/29>

https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry

http://w3c.github.io/tt-profile-registry/


https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ProfileRegistry


Agenda+ IMSC

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-479<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/479>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/479/edit>     pending review  Refactor the imsc repository in preparation for future versions of imsc.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/479>  Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2016-09-26      TTML IMSC 2.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/10>
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-478<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/478>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/478/edit>     open    Draft a liaison to hbbtv requesting further information and proposing an option e.g. to extend imsc 1 to allow signalling of background height on span, and request timelines etc.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/478>        Nigel Megitt    2016-09-26      TTML IMSC 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/7>

Merged pull requests: None
Open pull requests: Prepare repo to hold next version of IMSC<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/186>
New issues: Create a gh-pages branch for serving the Editor's Drafts<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/187>

Editor's draft is directly viewable at https://rawgit.com/w3c/imsc1/master/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html

IMSC Implementation Page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_implementation_page.


Agenda+ TTML and WebVTT Mapping Document

Editor's Draft is at http://w3c.github.io/ttml-webvtt-mapping/


Agenda+ HTMLCue proposal progress update.

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-441<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441/edit>     open    Kick off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>      Andreas Tai     2015-11-05


See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for further information on this, this week.

Also HTML import and HTMLCue?<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Sep/0003.html> email from 2016-09-06.

[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ Unicode liaison.

Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915


Note that this was updated after IMSC 1 Recommendation publication as per Action-457.

[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-396<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit>     open    Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>   David Singer    2015-04-17      WebVTT 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
ACTION-473<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473/edit>     open    Contact co-chairs and essential parties on how to move forward on vtt; need an action plan<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473>        Thierry Michel  2016-06-30      WebVTT 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>

Discussion on WebVTT review feedback and next steps.

Open Pull requests: Add a section that explains the CSS extensions to authors.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/317>; Fix #270: Add classes to specify text colour<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/279>; Add requirements for region identifier to exist.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/201>
New issues: CR bug: support scrolling for vertically rendered text<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/316>; CR bug: support scrolling for vertically rendered text<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/316>; CR bug: influence of writing direction on line, position and size<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/315>; CR bug: region identifiers<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/314>
Recently discussed issues: Expand the introduction<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/230>; Add support for ittp:aspectRatio<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/278>

Agenda+ Next F2F meeting

Proposal for BBC to host in London in February, need to propose dates. Alternative possibility could be San Diego to align with the CSUN conference.

Agenda+ AOB

References

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText





----------------------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.

---------------------
Received on Wednesday, 12 October 2016 10:31:06 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:31 UTC