W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > June 2016

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2016-06-09

From: Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 10:10:30 -0400
Message-ID: <CAF_7JxCTJvi7Ao7_xMGZwUMi_fXqw4yxFJq61LX_gf4x8dmdcg@mail.gmail.com>
To: W3C Public TTWG <public-tt@w3.org>
Belated regrets.

-- Pierre

On Tue, Jun 7, 2016 at 12:38 PM, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
wrote:

> *This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt
> start at 10:03am Boston time. *
>
> Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct
> time of this teleconference in your locale may change.
>
> Please check
> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160609T10&p1=43
>
>
> Thursdays 10:03am-11:00am (or 12:00pm for 2 hour meetings) Boston local
>
> *IRC details: *
>
> server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to:
> http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>
> *Webex details:*
>
> *Webex meeting details have been moved to a separate member-only
> email – see below.*
> *Non-member Invited Experts: please contact me directly for joining
> details if you do not already have them.*
>
> *To join the online meeting*
> 1. Go to the link that members can find at
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2015Oct/0012.html
> 2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
> 3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password (from above
> linked email)
> 4. Click "Join".
>
> *To join the audio conference only*
> To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting,
> or call the number below and enter the access code.
> US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000
> Access code: see
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2015Oct/0012.html
> Mobile Auto Dial: +1-617-324-0000,,,[number from email above]#
>
> *Present list*
> In order to list people attending the call in the minutes, each participant
> should type present+ <name> in the irc channel immediately
> upon joining the call. This will be picked up by RRSAgent and included in
> the minutes. The agent quirkily doesn't accept spaces in names, so either
> use a single word nickname or separate the words in your name with an
> underscore.
>
> *For assistance*
> 1. Go to https://mit.webex.com/mit/mc
> 2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".
>
> *For best practices with webex*
> https://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/WebExBestPractices
>
>
> *Agenda+ Assign Roles*
>
> *Chair: *Nigel Megitt
>
> *Scribe:* usually Nigel – open to offers!
>
> *Regrets: *none
>
> *Activity since last meeting:*
> Charter renewed: new charter at
> https://www.w3.org/2016/05/timed-text-charter.html
>
> Actions: ACTION-470 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/470>
>
> IMSC:
>
> Merged PRs: Update ttml-imsc1-errata.html
> <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/185>.
>
> Closed Issues: none.
> New and Discussed Issues: Potential conflict with respect to pixel aspect
> ratio. <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/184>.
> Open PRs: Add IMSC roadmap document <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/176>
> .
>
>
> TTML1 & 2 :
>
> New WD published at https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml2/;
> New ED generated – here is latest Editor's Draft
> <https://w3c.github.io/ttml2/spec/ttml2.html>
> Merged PRs: none; (multiple commits
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/commits/master> made to master branch
> directly)
> Open PRs: none.
> New and discussed issues: Use of offset time expression in smpte mode
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues/211>; No restriction on time
> expression for smpte discontinuous mode
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/161>; Need parameter attribute to
> express resolved storage aspect ratio in ISD.
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/162>; Use of offset-time expression
> in smpte mode <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/160>; How to specify
> aspect ratio to understand positioning that may apply for display or video.
> <https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/30>*.*
>
>
> Timed Text Profile Registry:
>
> Merged PRs:
> Open PRs: fixing typos
> <https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pull/20>.
> New and discussed issues: Registry Stability
> <https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/issues/17>
>
>
> TTML/WebVTT mapping:
>
> Merged PRs: none;
>
> Open PRs: none;
>
> New and discussed issues: none.
>
>
> WebVTT:
>
> 2 PRs merged; 2 PRs open; 3 issues created, 13 issues closed: discussion
> via github
>
>
> Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/
>
> *We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.*
> *Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!*
>
>
> IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse
> TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse
> TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse
> TTML Profile Registry: https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pulse
> TTML-WebVTT mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse
>
> WebVTT: https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse
>
> *Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead*
>
> Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
> 1. Action Items
> 2. TPAC 2016
> 3. IMSC 1
> 4. TTML2 issues, actions, PRs etc
> 5. Profile registry
> 6. TTML and WebVTT mapping document
> 7. Charter
> 8. Progress on HTMLCue proposal
> 9. Unicode liaison
> 10. WebVTT comments
> 11. TTML Versions note
> 12. Change proposals
> 13. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!
>
>
>
> Reminder re future milestones and meetings:
>
> *June Meetings:*
> Thursday 16th June: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour (NM not available to chair)
> Thursday 23rd June: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour (NM not available to chair)
> Thursday 30th June: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>
> Further ahead:
>
> *IMSC and TTML2 publication events:* see the timeline of upcoming work at
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_IMSC1.2C_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work
>
>
> *July Meetings:*
> Thursday 7th July: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
> Thursday 14th July: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
> Thursday 21st July: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
> Thursday 28th July: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
>
> *Agenda+ Action items *
>
> This week I've put all the actions in their relevant agenda section.
>
> *Agenda+ TPAC 2016*
>
> Draft schedule: https://www.w3.org/2016/09/TPAC/schedule.html
>
> *Agenda+ Charter*
>
> New charter at https://www.w3.org/2016/05/timed-text-charter.html
>  approved.
>
> Need to update home page etc. with new URL.
>
> *Agenda+ IMSC*
>
> Editor's draft is directly viewable at
> https://rawgit.com/w3c/imsc1/master/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html
> IMSC Implementation Page:
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_implementation_page.
>
> Press release for IMSC 1 Recommendation and TTML2 WD publication linked
> from w3.org home page and archived via
> https://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/5445?pk_campaign=feed&pk_kwd=world-wide-web-consortium-w3c-expands-emmy-award-winning-work-on-captions-and-subtitles-for-more-accessible-video-content
>
> *Agenda+ TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc*
>
> TTML2 WD now published at https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml2/ alongside press
> release.
>
> We have an updated proposal to discuss briefly on the pull request
> process: this is as per Glenn's previous proposal except with a minimum of
> 3 business days between opening a PR and merging it; as before this matches
> the pull request process used elsewhere with the additional option at the
> Editor's discretion to merge early and add a label indicating early merge.
>
> I will propose that we accept this new process for a trial period of 3
> months and then review it in as lightweight a way as possible.
>
> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
> ACTION-386 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/386>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/386/edit> open Investigate
> whether region style inheritance from tt is necessary given the ability to
> redefine initial values
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/386> Glenn Adams
> 2015-04-17 TTML2 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
> ACTION-404 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/404>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/404/edit> open Add
> note to issue 341 to reflect his current thinking
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/404> Glenn Adams
> 2015-06-11 ISSUE-341 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/341>
> ACTION-443 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443/edit> open Prepare
> a document showing mapping arib ruby extension features to ttml2 for use as
> a liaison document to arib.
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443> Glenn Adams
> 2015-11-05 TTML2 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
> ACTION-458 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/458>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/458/edit> open Create
> issue re: line height calculation for inline
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/458> Glenn Adams
> 2016-04-07 TTML 1.0 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/1>
> ACTION-462 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462/edit> open Create
> issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and profiles of ttml"
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462> Glenn Adams
> 2016-04-28 TTML2 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
>
> See spreadsheet of actions at
> https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx
>
> Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at
> https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md
>
> More volunteers welcomed!
>
> *Agenda+** Profiles registry.*
>
> Working Group Note published at
> https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-profile-registry/
>
> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
> ACTION-468 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/468>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/468/edit> open Add
> link to the ttml profiles registry page from the ttwg home page
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/468> Philippe Le Hégaret
> 2016-05-12
> ACTION-469 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/469>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/469/edit> open Publish
> the ttml profiles registry as a note and begin the iana registry process
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/469> Philippe Le Hégaret
> 2016-05-12
>
> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
> ACTION-470 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/470>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/470/edit> pending
> review Update the publications wiki page for the profile registry
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/470> Nigel Megitt
> 2016-05-26
> https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry
> http://w3c.github.io/tt-profile-registry/
>
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ProfileRegistry
>
> Thread beginning at
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2015Aug/0036.html
>
> *Agenda+ TTML and WebVTT Mapping Document*
>
> Editor's Draft is at
> https://rawgit.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/master/mappingbetweenTTMLandWebVTTW3C.html
>
> *Agenda+ **HTMLCue proposal progress update.*
>
> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
> ACTION-441 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441/edit> open Kick
> off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea.
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441> Andreas Tai
> 2015-11-05
>
> See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for
> further information on this, this week.
>
> [placeholder agenda item]
>
> *Agenda+ **Unicode liaison.*
>
> Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915
>
> Note that this was updated after IMSC 1 Recommendation publication as per
> Action-457.
>
> [placeholder agenda item]
>
> *Agenda+ Issues*
>
> See pulse links at the top for a quick view into the active issues.
>
> *Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback*
>
> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
> ACTION-396 <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>[image:
> (edit)] <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit> open Produce
> evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396> David Singer
> 2015-04-17 WebVTT 1.0
> <https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
> Placeholder for discussion on WebVTT review feedback.
>
> *Agenda+ Note on TTML versions*
>
> Draft at
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/5ee90ec0d897/ttml-status/index.html
> Reminder to all to review this and provide feedback to Cyril.
>
> *Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review*
>
> Change Proposal Index is at
> http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex
>
> The current priority 2 CPs (needs to be complete before WD for Wide
> Review) are:
>
> 5 OPEN 2 Jerry Smith TTML2 HTML5 Mapping semantics
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
> 7 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux TTML2 3D extensions
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal007>
> 9 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux IMSC2 Complexity model
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal009>
> 11 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux TTML2 Metadata vocab
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal011>
> 15 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.CSS additions
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
> 17 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.Defaults
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
> 19 OPEN 2 Glenn Adams TTML2 Style.Syntax fixes
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
> 21 OPEN 2 Pierre-Anthony Lemieux TTML2 Typography.I18n
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal021>
> 25 OPEN 2 Nigel Megitt TTML2 Distribution
> <https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>
>
> *Agenda+ AOB*
>
> *References*
>
> Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
>
>
>
>
> ----------------------------
>
> http://www.bbc.co.uk
> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal
> views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
> If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in
> reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
> Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
> Further communication will signify your consent to this.
>
> ---------------------
>
Received on Thursday, 9 June 2016 14:11:21 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:44:00 UTC