W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > February 2016

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 2015-12-25

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 17:21:29 +0000
To: TTWG <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D2F24594.35DBC%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20160225T10&p1=43


Thursdays 10:03am-11:00am (or 12:00pm for 2 hour meetings) Boston local

IRC details:

server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to: http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc


Webex details:

Webex meeting details have been moved to a separate member-only email – see below.
Non-member Invited Experts: please contact me directly for joining details if you do not already have them.

To join the online meeting
1. Go to the link that members can find at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2015Oct/0012.html

2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password (from above linked email)
4. Click "Join".

To join the audio conference only
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the meeting, or call the number below and enter the access code.
US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000
Access code: see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2015Oct/0012.html

Mobile Auto Dial: +1-617-324-0000,,,[number from email above]#

Present list
In order to list people attending the call in the minutes, each participant should type present+ <name> in the irc channel immediately
upon joining the call. This will be picked up by RRSAgent and included in the minutes. The agent quirkily doesn't accept spaces in names, so either use a single word nickname or separate the words in your name with an underscore.

For assistance
1. Go to https://mit.webex.com/mit/mc

2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".

For best practices with webex
https://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/WebExBestPractices



Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: usually Nigel – open to offers!

Regrets: none

Activity since last meeting:
Actions: none;

IMSC:
Merged PRs: #165 .
Closed Issues: #173, #174, #172, #127.
New and Discussed Issues: No text describing default namespace used in spec<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/174>; Example 2 should use xml:id<https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/173>;
Open PRs: none.

TTML2 :
Merged PRs:
Open PRs: Add Media Timing Semantics<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/143>
New and discussed issues: Email discussion of span background height
Timed Text Profile Registry:
Merged PRs:
Open PRs: TRANSFER INFO 'DOCUMENT SIGNALLING' FROM WIKI<https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pull/3>
New and discussed issues: Consider merging with Note on TTML Versions<https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/issues/8>
WebVTT:
3 PRs merged; 2 PRs open; 3 issues created: discussion via github
Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/

We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.
Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!

IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse

TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse

TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse

TTML-WebVTT mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse

WebVTT: https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse


Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
1. Action Items
2. Charter
3. IMSC 1 – Path to Proposed Rec
4. TTML2 issues, actions, PRs etc
5. Profile registry
6. TTML and WebVTT mapping document
7. Progress on HTMLCue proposal
8. Unicode liaison
9. WebVTT comments
10. TTML Versions note
11. Change proposals
12. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!


Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

Further ahead:

IMSC and TTML2 publication events: see the timeline of upcoming work at https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_IMSC1.2C_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work


March Meetings:
Thursday 3rd March: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 10th March: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 17th March: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 24th March: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 31st March: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour

Agenda+ Action items

Action items overdue:
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-364<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/364>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/364/edit>     open    Add paragraph in intro that summarizes changes from ttml1 (comment from Zz)<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/364>       Glenn Adams     2015-04-17      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-383<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/383>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/383/edit>     open    Missing XML declaration<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/383>   Glenn Adams     2015-04-30      TTML 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/1>
ACTION-384<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/384>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/384/edit>     open    Ensure consistency in ttml2 w.r.t. inline progression dimension vs direction<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/384>      Glenn Adams     2015-04-16      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-386<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/386>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/386/edit>     open    Investigate whether region style inheritance from tt is necessary given the ability to redefine initial values<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/386>    Glenn Adams     2015-04-17      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-396<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit>     open    Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>   David Singer    2015-04-17      WebVTT 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
ACTION-404<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/404>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/404/edit>     open    Add note to issue 341 to reflect his current thinking<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/404>     Glenn Adams     2015-06-11      ISSUE-341<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/341>
ACTION-439<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/439>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/439/edit>     open    Use of generic font family name "serif" should be allowed<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/439> Andreas Tai     2015-11-01      Generic font-family names in TVTT<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/435>
ACTION-441<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441/edit>     open    Kick off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>      Andreas Tai     2015-11-05
ACTION-442<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/442>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/442/edit>     open    Add an issue to ttml2 for ensuring plain text accessibility<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/442>       Nigel Megitt    2015-11-05
ACTION-443<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443/edit>     open    Prepare a document showing mapping arib ruby extension features to ttml2 for use as a liaison document to arib.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>   Glenn Adams     2015-11-05

Agenda+ Charter

Proposed 2016 Charter on github can be viewed at http://w3c.github.io/charter-drafts/timed-text-charter-2016.html

Repository is at https://github.com/w3c/charter-drafts/ - to file a PR please fork first, since we cannot grant access to the repository to all for creating branches.
2014 Charter is at http://www.w3.org/2014/03/timed-text-charter.html


Open Pull Requests:
* BBC PR https://github.com/w3c/charter-drafts/pull/19


Open Issues:

*  https://github.com/w3c/charter-drafts/issues/18 Which license to use – Document or Software?
* Do we need to ask for more time?

Agenda+ IMSC Path to PR

Editor's draft is directly viewable at https://rawgit.com/w3c/imsc1/master/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html

IMSC test suite and Implementation Report https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_Implementation_Report.


List of substantive changes: https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/PR-ttml-imsc1-20160302/substantive-changes-summary.txt


We will continue to work on any open issues (see above and github repository) as well as planning for CR exit now that we have met our exit criteria.

Agenda+ TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc

I'd like to continue the background box size discussion and if appropriate raise an issue on this topic.

See spreadsheet of actions at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx


Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md


More volunteers welcomed!

Agenda+ Profiles registry.

https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry

http://w3c.github.io/tt-profile-registry/


https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ProfileRegistry


Thread beginning at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2015Aug/0036.html


<https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/issues/8>Consider merging with Note on TTML Versions<https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/issues/8>: Can/should we merge this with the note on TTML versions, draft at https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/5ee90ec0d897/ttml-status/index.html ?

Agenda+ TTML and WebVTT Mapping Document

Editor's Draft is at https://rawgit.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/master/mappingbetweenTTMLandWebVTTW3C.html


Agenda+ HTMLCue proposal progress update.

[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ Unicode liaison.

Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915


[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ Issues

See pulse links at the top for a quick view into the active issues.

Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback

Placeholder for discussion on WebVTT review feedback.

Agenda+ Note on TTML versions

Draft at https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/5ee90ec0d897/ttml-status/index.html

Reminder to all to review this and provide feedback to Cyril.

Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review

Change Proposal Index is at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex


The current priority 2 CPs (needs to be complete before WD for Wide Review) are:

5       OPEN    2       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
7       OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   3D extensions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal007>
9       OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  IMSC2   Complexity model<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal009>
11      OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   Metadata vocab<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal011>
15      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
17      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
19      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
21      OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   Typography.I18n<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal021>
25      OPEN    2       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>

Agenda+ AOB

References

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText





----------------------------

http://www.bbc.co.uk

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to this.

---------------------
Received on Tuesday, 23 February 2016 17:22:07 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:27 UTC