Re: <initial> vs inherited

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com>
wrote:

> Hi Glenn,
>
> Ok. What approach does XSL-FO and/or CSS take to allowing authors to
> avoid having to explicitly set a property through the document?

For non-inheritable properties, there is no mechanism other than direct
specification (XSL-FO) or a style rule or style attribute (CSS). Also,
initial values (for inheritable and non-inheritable properties) cannot be
overridden in either XSL-FO or CSS, so defining an initial element for this
purpose in TTML2 is effectively a new mechanism not found in either XSL-FO
or CSS.