Re: liaison for a Unicode ticket

Hi Shervin,

Thanks for the update, and to the CLDR TC for considering the input.

> In some other cases it's not very clear if the inclusion of a specific characters is justified or simply due to
> bad data (e.g. u+017F, LATIN SMALL LETTER LONG S which is included in the set latnExtA provided in [2]).

I believe that the recommended sets erred on the side of caution, and
were created to deliberately cast a wider, rather than narrower, net
whenever possible. For instance, the recommended set for each of the
"lv,lt,et,hr,cs,pl,sl,sk,tr" locales includes all of the Latin
Extended-A block, instead of attempting to optimize each sets at the
risk of missing important characters -- the general assumption being
that the incremental complexity of supporting all versus parts of the
Latin Extended-A block would be marginal, e.g. implementations support
all or none of the Latin Extended-A block.

> I will update the thread and the ticket with the next steps when I get to check for anomalies of that sort.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best,

-- Pierre