Re: WebVTT Working to be published with new publication tool (Echidna).

Sorry, I am not being clear.

It’s no concern to the WG is the editors start using different tools.  So, something about changing from respec to Echidna has more effect than this, and that effect needs WG approval.

What is it that I am asking the WG to approve? I suspect it’s auto-publishing, no?

> On Jun 19, 2015, at 9:09 , Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:
>

> On 19/06/2015 17:55, David Singer wrote:

>>> Sure.

>>> good news. should be easy to provide a TR ready WD then.

>>> Yes that is the way to go.
>>
>> OK.  what is the functional change that needs the TTWG approval, i.e. what effect does this have that they need to approve?  Does this mean, for example, we’re moving to auto-publish?
>>
> I am not sure what you mean by auto-publish (it isn't really automatic ;-)
> but the editor for example can publish in TR (without the need of Team contact nor Webmaster).
> But there are two way for the TTWG to agree on such process:
>
> - a TTWG agreement for  *all* future WebVTT WDs . In that case the editor can publish in the future whenether he wants, without having to request publication approuval to the WG.
> - a TTWG agreement  *each* time the WG publishes a WebVTT WD. This gives more control of the document to the TTWG, I guess.
>
> Hope it clarifies your question.
>
> Best,
>
> Thierry

David Singer