Re: WebVTT Working to be published with new publication tool (Echidna).

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2015 18:09:34 +0200
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
CC: Silvia Pfieffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>, W3C Public TTWG <public-tt@w3.org>

On 19/06/2015 17:55, David Singer wrote:

>> On Jun 19, 2015, at 5:47 , Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org> wrote:
>>

>> On 19/06/2015 11:44, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>>> I'm in favour of using this approach, but I'm going to have to let
>>> Philip speak, too, since he has automated the publishing approach for
>>> the WebVTT spec.
>>
>> Sure.
>>>
>>> WebVTT is written in respec, so it will be ready to adapt.
>>
>> good news. should be easy to provide a TR ready WD then.
>>>
>>> David, I believe you will have to ask the TTWG for approval to take this
>>> approach next. The rest should be simple.
>>
>> Yes that is the way to go.
>
> OK.  what is the functional change that needs the TTWG approval, i.e. what effect does this have that they need to approve?  Does this mean, for example, we’re moving to auto-publish?

I am not sure what you mean by auto-publish (it isn't really automatic ;-)
but the editor for example can publish in TR (without the need of Team
contact nor Webmaster).
But there are two way for the TTWG to agree on such process:

- a TTWG agreement for  *all* future WebVTT WDs . In that case the
editor can publish in the future whenether he wants, without having to
request publication approuval to the WG.
- a TTWG agreement  *each* time the WG publishes a WebVTT WD. This gives
more control of the document to the TTWG, I guess.

Hope it clarifies your question.

Best,

Thierry