Re: Pruning of content elements based on the Intermediate Synchronic Document Construction

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for summarising. Comments inline:

On 05/06/2015 18:56, "Andreas Tai" <tai@irt.de> wrote:

>Thanks for discussing this issue in the latest TTWG Telco on the
>04/06/2015. Let me summarize what I read out of it (to not keep this
>email hanging and have the latest state in the email archive).
>
>1) The normative algorithm in TTML 1 does what is described below.

Probably - we didn't formally confirm this.

>2) This may be an error in the specification but for sure it is not the
>parsing behaviour intended by the TTWG.

Correct.

>3) An issue on this has already opened by Glenn last year [1].

Issue-341 [1] is about something closely related, but different.
Nevertheless the same solution should address both points. It would be
worth adding a note to the issue to make sure it includes those
requirements.

I.e. Issue-341 is about what region a div belongs in if it has no region
specified but has descendants that specify more than one region. This new
point is about what goes in the ISD if a region and at least one of its
descendants each specify a region, and they are different regions.

Do you want to go ahead and add this to the issue?

>4) The solution is not decided yet. Glenn works out an alternative
>wording for the algorithm. It is an option to publish this in a 3rd
>edition of TTML 1.

Yes, Glenn has offered to propose an alternative algorithm. We have not
yet assessed if we can apply that retrospectively to TTML1 or if we will
only add it to TTML2.

There's also the option to add a note to TTML1 explaining the perhaps
unexpected consequences of the current algorithm.

Kind regards,

Nigel