Re: Pruning of content elements based on the Intermediate Synchronic Document Construction

Thanks for discussing this issue in the latest TTWG Telco on the
04/06/2015. Let me summarize what I read out of it (to not keep this
email hanging and have the latest state in the email archive).

1) The normative algorithm in TTML 1 does what is described below.
2) This may be an error in the specification but for sure it is not the
parsing behaviour intended by the TTWG.
3) An issue on this has already opened by Glenn last year [1].
4) The solution is not decided yet. Glenn works out an alternative
wording for the algorithm. It is an option to publish this in a 3rd
edition of TTML 1.

Please correct me if I misunderstood anything.

Best regards,

Andreas

[1] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/341

Am 01.06.2015 um 20:16 schrieb Andreas Tai:
> Glenn, all,
>
> one question regarding the construction of an Intermediate Synchronic
> Document (ISD) based on the algorithm defined in section 9.3.2 of TTML.
>
> Given the following simplified TTML document:
>
> <tt>
>     <head>
>         <layout>
>             <region id="divRegion" ...../>
>             <region id="paragraphRegion" ...../>
>         </layout>
>     </head>
> end="00:00:02.000" >Hello world!</p>
> </tt>
>

> Would the corresponding ISD for the interval [0s, 2s) look like this?
>
> <tt>
>     <head>
>         <layout>
>             <region id="divRegion" ...../>
>             <region id="paragraphRegion" ...../>
>         </layout>
>     </head>
> </tt>
>
> From my reading no body subtrees will be re-parented to the regions
> "divRegion" and "paragraphRegion" because they are empty following
> the  [construct intermediate document] and [associate region] algorithms.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Andreas

Andreas Tai
Production Systems Television IRT - Institut fuer Rundfunktechnik GmbH
R&D Institute of ARD, ZDF, DRadio, ORF and SRG/SSR
Floriansmuehlstrasse 60, D-80939 Munich, Germany

Phone: +49 89 32399-389 | Fax: +49 89 32399-200
http:www.irt.de  | Email:tai@irt.de

registration court&  managing director:
Munich Commercial, RegNo. B 5191
Dr. Klaus Illgner-Fehns