Re: ISSUE-366 (condition vs xml:id): xml:id uniqueness needs to be broken for some uses of condition [TTML2]

On Fri, Jan 16, 2015 at 7:38 AM, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
wrote:

>  Ah, thanks Glenn, that solution didn't occur to me. It would be worth
> clarifying  in the spec that semantic exclusion applies also to references
> to excluded elements, or equivalently that referenced elements that are
> semantically excluded evaluate to 'null' and can be pruned. At present
> there's nothing in the spec that defines the behaviour in the scenario in
> which an element references another that has been semantically excluded.

I can add some informative text on this, but these normative semantics
currently fall out naturally in step 2 of [1].

[1]
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml2/spec/ttml2.html#semantics-style-resolution-processing-sss

> For example either as a change to the condition section or to places where
> references might be made, e.g. ยง10.2.1 style.
>
>  Presumably the same arises when a src attribute is a fragment identifier
> that points to a semantically excluded data element.

Could you elaborate this scenario? I can see how a <source> child of <data>
would not resolve to a resource if @condition were false, but not sure what
you have in mind about @src attribute, since one can only have one @src
attribute and it only takes one URI.