W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > February 2015

{minutes} TTWG Meeting 2015-02-19

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 16:24:50 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D10BBE7B.1B71C%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Thanks everyone for attending today's meeting. Minutes in HTML format can be found at: http://www.w3.org/2015/02/19-tt-minutes.html


And in text format:


   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/


                Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

19 Feb 2015

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2015/02/19-tt-irc


Attendees

   Present
          glenn, nigel, tmichel, Andreas, jdsmith, pal, Frans

   Regrets
   Chair
          nigel

   Scribe
          nigel

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]This Meeting
         2. [5]Action Items
         3. [6]F2F
         4. [7]Action Items (continued)
         5. [8]IMSC Test Suite and Implementation Report
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     __________________________________________________________

   <trackbot> Date: 19 February 2015

   <scribe> scribeNick: nigel

This Meeting

   nigel: Summarises agenda. AOB?

   group: no AOB

   nigel: Note that on the agenda the timeline for the next TTML2
   WD is marked 'AT RISK'.
   ... One mitigation to that resource-constrained risk would be
   for other members to contribute.

   glenn: That's certainly possible, either by contributing spec
   ready text or directly in Mercurial.
   ... It would need some coordination and post processing by me
   to ensure editorial consistency.

   nigel: If anyone's interested in contributing in this way I
   suggest you contact me and/or Glenn
   ... offline.

Action Items

   action-361?

   <trackbot> action-361 -- Philippe Le H├ęgaret to Update liaisons
   table to include arib -- due 2015-02-20 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [10]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/361


     [10] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/361


   <Frans> apologies for being late Frans

   <Frans> (phone problems)

   close action-361

   <trackbot> Closed action-361.

   action-368?

   <trackbot> action-368 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Update
   publication timeline diagram -- due 2015-01-29 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [11]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/368


     [11] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/368


   nigel: Thank you Pierre - that's now uploaded to the
   Publications page.

   [12]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications


     [12] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications


   pal: I noticed that we moved the FPWD back but not the CR date
   - is that intentional and realistic?

   glenn: I plan to do a second WD.

   pal: We seem to have dropped an intermediate WD before CR.
   ... It's useful for people who plan to comment to understand
   when is the best time to do so.
   ... If the March 24th WD is the equivalent to LC then that's
   useful - it indicates how much work
   ... needs to be done.

   nigel: I see what you mean - also we have an F2F on 9th and
   10th April now which we didn't have
   ... in the calendar before we put this plan together. It would
   seem odd to prevent ourselves from
   ... discussing our largest deliverable because we've already
   gone to a WD for wide review!
   ... I think we should move the WD for wide review to after our
   F2F now. Thoughts anyone?

   glenn: +1

   jdsmith: +1

   tmichel: Under the new process the important date is when we
   move to CR as WDs are quick to
   ... publish.

   nigel: In our experience though the last WD is important
   because it's when we explicitly seek
   ... wide review.

   pal: So the Mar 24 would be a WD but without seeking wide
   review, then another one in late April
   ... or early May for the equivalent to LC?

   nigel: Any other constraints on dates for the final WD?

   glenn: When we go to CR we have to make sure that there's some
   material on every feature that
   ... we want to include in the spec - we can't add any new
   features after CR without going back
   ... for wide review again. We can always mark CR features as
   'at risk' though.
   ... I prefer to have the CR version clear. Right now there are
   two areas that are underspecified:
   ... 1) the HTML mapping - I've been creating material for that
   based on my implementation work.
   ... 2) validation processing - some of the semantics around the
   newer profiling system.
   ... More material is needed on conditional expression features
   and on the media offset semantics
   ... issue. Those are the ones that come to mind as needing
   work.

   nigel: I propose May 4th for the WD for wide review, for the
   diagram, for the time being.

   action-368: This needs an update again, to move the WD on TTML2
   to May 5th/7th.

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-368 Update publication
   timeline diagram.

   reopen action-368

   <trackbot> Re-opened action-368.

   action-369?

   <trackbot> action-369 -- Nigel Megitt to Collate smpte issues
   and draft dispositions and circulate on reflector as a
   precursor to a liaison -- due 2015-02-05 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/369


     [13] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/369


   action-369: nigel to update based on responses from last week

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-369 Collate smpte issues and
   draft dispositions and circulate on reflector as a precursor to
   a liaison.

   reopen action-369

   <trackbot> Re-opened action-369.

   action-373?

   <trackbot> action-373 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Consider how
   to process and make available the dece test criteria provided
   -- due 2015-02-19 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [14]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/373


     [14] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/373


   nigel: I think pal has added these to the IMSC 1 test suite.

   pal: I've started doing this - I wanted to make sure folk were
   happy with the approach.

   <pal>
   [15]https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_Implementation_Repo

   rt#Tests

     [15] https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_Implementation_Report#Tests


   <pal>
   [16]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml-ww-profiles/t

   estsuite/narratives/Solekai022_854_29_640x75_MaxSdSubtitle_v7_s
   ubtitles/3.html

     [16] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/tip/ttml-ww-profiles/testsuite/narratives/Solekai022_854_29_640x75_MaxSdSubtitle_v7_subtitles/3.html


   pal: If you follow this link it shows the expected output -
   it's a copy/paste from the DECE
   ... contribution.
   ... I plan to do that for every single one.

   nigel: LGTM

   action-373: [meeting 2015-02-19] Pierre has considered how, and
   the approach looks good.

   <trackbot> Notes added to action-373 Consider how to process
   and make available the dece test criteria provided.

   close action-373

   <trackbot> Closed action-373.

   <scribe> ACTION: pal Complete processing of DECE test criteria
   as per action-373 [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2015/02/19-tt-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-375 - Complete processing of dece
   test criteria as per action-373 [on Pierre-Anthony Lemieux -
   due 2015-02-26].

   action-374?

   <trackbot> action-374 -- Glenn Adams to Confirm f2f location
   and update wiki and send details to the reflector. -- due
   2015-02-19 -- PENDINGREVIEW

   <trackbot>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/374


     [18] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/374


   glenn: I just checked at Harrah's and booked - it was $103 per
   night on Expedia.

   nigel: You can book direct on their website too.

   glenn: There's a more up to date hotel next door called Linq
   and there's also the Venetian.
   ... There are lots of hotels round there.
   ... The meeting room is at Harrah's though. It's an older hotel
   so we'll see how it is.

   pal: That hotel has two towers, I recommend getting a room in
   the renovated one. If you want
   ... somewhere nice I'd recommend the Paris that's next door.
   ... It's got a good restaurant too.

   glenn: For purposes of landmarks, there's a new 550ft ferris
   wheel just behind Harrah's, so look
   ... for that if you're lost.

   nigel: Thanks for the great tips - might be good to put them on
   the wiki page!

   <glenn> [19]http://www.caesars.com/linq/high-roller.html


     [19] http://www.caesars.com/linq/high-roller.html


   nigel: If you're able to attend please add your name to the
   wiki page. I can create a WBS survey
   ... but I think the wiki page is probably enough.

   close action-374

   <trackbot> Closed action-374.

F2F

   [as just discussed!]

   nigel: If you want any specific agenda items please let me
   know. The default at the moment
   ... is to look at IMSC 1 implementation reports and TTML2 next
   WD in the absence of any other
   ... requests.

Action Items (continued)

   action-365?

   <trackbot> action-365 -- Pierre-Anthony Lemieux to Review
   change proposal 21 in the light of closure of issue-229. -- due
   2015-01-22 -- OPEN

   <trackbot>
   [20]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/365


     [20] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/365


   pal: There's a bunch of other related ones because for CP21
   some of
   ... the issues are still open. Issue-231 for example.
   ... This is the one where the current TTML2 draft does
   something differently to what SMPTE
   ... had suggested. I'm not sure where we ended up. We wanted to
   inform SMPTE of our current
   ... plan.

   nigel: That was action-369, which I need to update and resend
   based on last week's conversation.

   <scribe> ACTION: nigel update CP21 to check current status of
   all issues [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2015/02/19-tt-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-376 - Update cp21 to check current
   status of all issues [on Nigel Megitt - due 2015-02-26].

   Action-365: [meeting 2015-02-19] See also action-369 and the
   SMPTE liaison.

   <trackbot> Notes added to Action-365 Review change proposal 21
   in the light of closure of issue-229..

IMSC Test Suite and Implementation Report

   pal: Two issues have been closed, raised by nigel. In the
   process of doing that I found a number
   ... of bugs in the test vectors and have also corrected them.

   issue-371?

   <trackbot> issue-371 -- linePadding test needs to apply the
   background color to the line areas only -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [22]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/371


     [22] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/371


   nigel: In this you addressed the issue.

   pal: I literally copied the proposed text.

   issue-372?

   <trackbot> issue-372 -- multiRowAlign test applies style via
   region -- pending review

   <trackbot>
   [23]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/372


     [23] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/372


   atai: Just a comment on the issues, multiRowAlign especially.
   There's a difference in the way
   ... styles apply in EBU-TT-D and IMSC 1. Nonetheless
   semantically it's still possible to reference
   ... a style from a region. There's no problem semantically I
   think. I'm not sure how to deal with
   ... that in general for IMSC - if it should be allowed to use
   the ebuttd attribute on region or inline.

   glenn: Just a reminder that if the property is not applicable
   to region then it can still be
   ... specified on region and participate in region inheritance.
   If it's not applicable to region
   ... directly then content will inherit from it.

   atai: For multiRowAlign the applicability is the same as for
   textAlign, in terms of applicability to
   ... region.

   pal: In EBU Tech3380 it isn't clear exactly what multiRowAlign
   is applicable to. I'd recommend to
   ... clarify that.
   ... With linePadding there's specific language about which
   elements it is applicable to, in contrast
   ... to multiRowAlign.
   ... The way I interpreted it is there are two levels of
   constraint in EBU-TT-D. First, what elements
   ... the attributes are applicable to, and secondly, on what
   elements they may be specified.
   ... IMSC 1 doesn't constrain inline styles in the way that
   EBU-TT-D does. As I read it you're
   ... permitted more latitude in IMSC 1 in where you can specify
   the attributes than in EBU-TT-D.

   atai: I agree with that.

   pal: What's missing in EBU-TT-D is what elements multiRowAlign
   is applicable to.

   atai: I have to check that it states that it can apply to the
   same elements as tts:textAlign.
   ... Regarding the comments from nigel, to be more consistent
   with what IMSC is doing it would
   ... be odd not to allow it to be specified like the other style
   attributes. Nigel's comments re
   ... EBU-TT-D about not adding styling inline is correct.

   nigel: I think if we want to allow the ebutts style attributes
   in other locations in IMSC 1 then the
   ... expansion relative to EBU-TT-D needs to be explicitly
   stated.

   glenn: In TTML2 the style attribute must be specified on the
   span directly for padding and can
   ... not be inherited.

   pal: Maybe, ideally, IMSC 1 should only reference the annexes
   in EBU Tech3380. Then if the
   ... annexes could include the constraints on which elements
   each of those attributes apply
   ... then it would work perfectly.

   atai: At the moment we don't plan any updates other than for
   big errors.

   pal: okay I'll update only IMSC 1 then.

   atai: The applicability of those elements is maybe clear to us,
   but the other issue of where they
   ... can be specified on content may be different. If we want to
   allow specification of the attributes
   ... inline for example then we need to specify that in IMSC 1.

   pal: yes.
   ... If we agree that this is reasonable then I'm happy to
   clarify that.

   <scribe> ACTION: atai2 Capture the EBU-TT-D style attributes
   issue on IMSC 1 and raise an issue [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2015/02/19-tt-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot> Created ACTION-377 - Capture the ebu-tt-d style
   attributes issue on imsc 1 and raise an issue [on Andreas Tai -
   due 2015-02-26].

   nigel: We're out of time! Meet again same time next week.
   Thanks very much everyone. [adjourns meeting]

   close issue-371

   <trackbot> Closed issue-371.

   close issue-372

   <trackbot> Closed issue-372.

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: atai2 Capture the EBU-TT-D style attributes issue
   on IMSC 1 and raise an issue [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2015/02/19-tt-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: nigel update CP21 to check current status of all
   issues [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2015/02/19-tt-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: pal Complete processing of DECE test criteria as
   per action-373 [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2015/02/19-tt-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]
     __________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [28]scribe.perl version
    1.140 ([29]CVS log)
    $Date: 2015-02-19 16:22:36 $

     [28] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

     [29] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/



Received on Thursday, 19 February 2015 16:25:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:21 UTC