W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > February 2015

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 2015-02-12

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2015 17:07:41 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D1013CD1.1AF65%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20150212T10&p1=43


Thursdays 10:03am-11:00pm Boston local

Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to: http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc



Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: [to assign during meeting]

Regrets: Frans de Jong

Activity since last meeting:
Actions: Action-369, Action-370, Action-371, Action-371;
Issues discussed: none;
Issues raised: Issue-369;
Change Proposals: reprioritised P1s;
TTML2 FPWD: should be published 2015-02-12 (publication timeline updated below);
IMSC test suite: request sent to DECE.


Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest:
1. Action Items
2. F2F look-ahead
3. Issues
4. IMSC Test Suite and Implementation Report
5. TTML Versions note
6. Change proposals
7. AOB – please notify now!

Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

February Meetings:

Thursday 19th February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 26th February: TTWG phone meeting 1 Hour

Further ahead:

TTML2 publication events – UPDATED – delayed FPWD by 1 week :
15th Jan 2015: Editor's draft 'frozen' for group review prior to publication as FPWD
w/c 9th Feb 2015: Publish FPWD
Thu 5th Mar 2015: any additions/edits deferred from FPWD to have been completed or deferred until v.next
Tue 24th Mar 2015: Publish updated WD 'feature complete'
Tue 24th-Fri 27th Mar inclusive: Chair to send Wide Review requests to internal and external groups
Fri 8th May: WD review period to end

After this, process comments, agree CR exit criteria,request transition to CR

Plus, see the timeline of upcoming work at [1].

March Meetings:
Thursday 5th March: TTWG phone meeting ? hour
Thursday 12th March: TTWG phone meeting ? hour
Thursday 19th March: TTWG phone meeting ? hour
Thursday 26th March: TTWG phone meeting ? hour


Agenda+ Action items

Action items pending review
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-369<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/369>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/369/edit>     pending review  Collate smpte issues and draft dispositions and circulate on reflector as a precursor to a liaison<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/369>        Nigel Megitt    2015-02-05      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-370<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/370>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/370/edit>     pending review  Send dece liaison asking for imsc 1 test criteria<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/370> Nigel Megitt    2015-02-12      TTML IMSC 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/7>
ACTION-371<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/371>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/371/edit>     pending review  Create a meeting page on the wiki for the f2f<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/371>     Nigel Megitt    2015-02-12

Action items overdue.
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-365<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/365>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/365/edit>     open    Review change proposal 21 in the light of closure of issue-229.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/365>   Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2015-01-22
ACTION-368<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/368>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/368/edit>     open    Update publication timeline diagram<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/368>       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2015-01-29

Action items due next week
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-372<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/372>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/372/edit>     open    Review requirements conformance in Annex L of TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/372>       Nigel Megitt    2015-02-17      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>



Agenda+ F2F

We have a tentative proposal to hold a F2F in the week before NAB – NAB runs 11-16 April, so we're looking at for example 9-10 April. A couple of people were going to look at options for this – are we able to confirm today?

Agenda+ Issues

Issues raised
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-369<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/369>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/369/edit>
Requirements numbers    RAISED  The R### numbers in Annex L are not all correct<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/369>    2015-02-10      TTML2   0



Issues pending review
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-289<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/289>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/289/edit>
ebu:documentAspectRatio PENDING REVIEW  For TTML created for overlay on top of video, signal the aspect ratio of the video the TTML was created for<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/289>        2013-10-31      TTML2   0
ISSUE-290<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/290>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/290/edit>
Active Format Descriptor        PENDING REVIEW  For TTML created for overlaying on video, add ebuttm:documentTargetActiveFormatDescriptor<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/290>  2013-10-31      TTML2   0
ISSUE-291<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/291>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/291/edit>
ebuttm:documentIntendedTargetBarData    PENDING REVIEW  Document Intended Target Bar Data<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/291>  2013-10-31      TTML2   0
ISSUE-292<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/292>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/292/edit>
ebu:documentIntendedTargetFormat        PENDING REVIEW  Specify target formats for which the TTML has been authored for easy conversion<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/292>    2013-10-31      TTML2   0
ISSUE-294<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/294>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/294/edit>
Shrink text to fit on a line    PENDING REVIEW  Style attribute to prevent overflow by shrinking text to fit on a line<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/294>     2013-11-05      TTML2   0
ISSUE-297<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/297>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/297/edit>
designator+definition   PENDING REVIEW  Include Profile Designator in Profile Definition Document<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/297>  2013-11-11      TTML2   0
ISSUE-300<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/300>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/300/edit>
tts:origin correct fallback     PENDING REVIEW  Prior interpretation of the correct fallback for tts:origin<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/300>        2014-02-26      TTML2   0
ISSUE-353<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/353>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/353/edit>
Normatively define short code processorProfiles parameter       PENDING REVIEW  Normatively define short code processorProfiles parameter<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/353>  2014-10-17      TTML2   0
ISSUE-356<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/356>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/356/edit>
text emphasis   PENDING REVIEW  Add support for text emphasis semantics<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/356>    2014-11-18      TTML2   0
ISSUE-359<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/359>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/359/edit>
kerning PENDING REVIEW  Add support for font kerning enable/disable<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/359>        2014-12-18      TTML2   0
ISSUE-364<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/364>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/364/edit>
px-extent-constraint    PENDING REVIEW  Relax constraint between the extents of the root container and the dimensions of the related video object frame<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/364>    2015-01-06      TTML IMSC 1.0   0

Open Issues relating to Action-369 (SMPTE)

ISSUE-224<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/224>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/224/edit>
3D text placement       OPEN    Support text placement in 3D coordinate spaces (not zIndex compositing).<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/224>   2013-05-30      TTML2




Agenda+ IMSC Test Suite and Implementation Report

Placeholder agenda item for work on the IMSC test suite and Implementation Report

DECE liaison sent – archived at [2]

Agenda+ Note on TTML versions

Draft at [3].
Reminder to all to review this and provide feedback to Cyril. This note is now a product in the tracker so issues can be raised on it directly.


Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review

Change Proposal Index is at [4].

Since we have agreed to move TTML2 to FPWD I've moved all the priority 1 CPs to Priority 2 (needs to be complete before WD for Wide Review). The current priority 2 CPs are:

5       OPEN    2       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
7       PENDING-REVIEW  2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   3D extensions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal007>
9       OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  IMSC2   Complexity model<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal009>
11      OPEN    2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   Metadata vocab<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal011>
15      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
17      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
19      OPEN    2       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
21      PENDING-REVIEW  2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   Typography.I18n<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal021>
25      OPEN    2       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>
26      OPEN    2       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Tests<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal026>
(those where 2 is highlighted in yellow were 1 before)

The following CPs are marked as Pending Review:
7       PENDING-REVIEW  2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   3D extensions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal007>
Dependent on Issue-224.
21      PENDING-REVIEW  2       Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  TTML2   Typography.I18n<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal021>
Dependent on Issue-229. See also Action-365.

Agenda+ AOB


References

[1] Timeline of upcoming work https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_IMSC1.2C_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work

[2] DECE liaison https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2015Feb/0002.html

[3] Draft of Note on TTML versions https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/5ee90ec0d897/ttml-status/index.html

[4] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex

Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText


Received on Wednesday, 11 February 2015 17:08:31 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:21 UTC