Re: WebVTT Horizontal writing direction

From: Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2015 10:11:31 +0700
To: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Cc: public-tt@w3.org, Silvia Pfeiffer <silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com>
To get RTL you simply use a cue text which is RTL according to the
BiDi algorithm, and you can use &lrm; and &rlm; to where necessary in
mixed-directionality text.

Note, however, that the equivalent to vertical:rl for horizontal text
would be control over which direction additional lines of texts grow,
up or down. We don't have explicit control over that, even though the
cue placement algorithm does move whole cues up or down.

Philip