Re: {minutes} TTWG Meeting 2015-04-02

> On Apr 7, 2015, at 4:09 , Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
>
> On 02/04/2015 17:58, "David Singer" <singer@apple.com> wrote:
>
>> I am so sorry, I totally spaced this morning.  I meant to call in!
>>
>> Once we are sure we have both (a) the comments or lack of, from the
>> reviewers and (b) a disposition for each comment, I don’t see a problem
>> with me or someone writing up a proposed summary for review by the WG and
>> presentation to the director.
>>
>> At the moment, I am more focused on making sure we get the comments.
>>
>> I meant to encourage everyone to look at the bug tracker for the comments
>> they care about, and subscribe to it if they want notifications, also.  I
>> assume we don’t need the WG mailing list automatically notified on every
>> change.
>>
>> I am aware of the different modus operandi here between the VTT community
>> and the TTML community, and I want to make sure we respect both: please
>> let me know if you think information is not flowing, and we’ll see what
>> we can do to address it.
>>
>> Yes, a CR transition is formally the WG’s to handle, so the comments, the
>> discussion, the proposed resolution, all need to be visible here.
>>
>> As a joint chair I expect it’s my job to do any bridging here.  Let me
>> know what you need.  The good news is that the data is all there if you
>> know where to look.
>
> Looks to me as though the flow of information, broken down into detailed
> steps is like this:
>
> 1) CG prepares spec

editors prepare.  They can discuss with the CG if they like, but the editors are members of this WG.

> 2) CG sends spec snapshot to WG

Editors send.

> 3) WG publishes spec snapshot on TR
> 4) WG requests review
> 5) reviewers respond to WG
> 6) WG chair (David) makes sure that all comments are visible to both WG
> and CG
>
> <for each comment:>
> 7) members of CG and members of WG (and members of both) discuss the
> response, including any proposed spec changes.

we’re not proud; we’ll take helpful comments from wherever.  ‘Contributions’ in the formal sense, from members of the WG, but I think we’re past that point.

> 8) WG prepares draft response to commenter
> 9) WG chair (David) makes sure that draft response if visible to both WG
> and CG

and indeed the commenters and (i think) the public (as if the public cares, sob).

> 10) After a suitable review period, WG responds to commenter with response
> 11) Commenter has a fixed period to signal disposition to the WG response
> </for each comment>
>
> 12) WG chair (David) or staff contact (Thierry) collates commenter's
> dispositions in some suitable document, makes visible to both WG and CG.
> 13) WG chair includes report of all dispositions in request to transition
> to next stage of maturity.
>

> Which I think answers the question about what bridging is needed.
>
> We're up to step 4 or 5 for some reviewers and step 7 for (at least) i18n.

Yes, this is all normal, apart from making sure that the CG is kept aware of matters.