W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > September 2014

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 25/9/2014

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 16:42:49 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D048AB16.11EE7%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 120m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 10:03am Boston time.
Due to being human beings and having limited brain capacity we will have a short break around 11am to allow ourselves to have a stretch, eat a biscuit, whatever we need to do to recharge for the next hour.

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Please check <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140619T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140710T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140717T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140724T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140731T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140807T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140815T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140814T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140821T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140904T10&p1=43> <http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140911T10&p1=43> http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140925T10&p1=43


Thursdays 10:03am-12:00pm Boston local

Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 8865 ("TTML")
IRC: server: irc.w3.org, port: 6665, channel: #tt Web gateway to :http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc


Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chair: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: [to assign during meeting]

Regrets:

Activity since last meeting:
Actions: Action-329, Action-330, Action-331;
Issues discussed: Issue-270 and Issue-335, Issue-228, Issue-325, Issue-327, Issue-332, Issue-335, Issue-342, Issue-344, Issue-345, Issue-346, Issue-347, Issue-348,
Issues raised: none other than those also listed above;
IMSC 1 actions to progress to CR.

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest:
1. Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC)
2. IMSC 1 actions to progress to CR.
3. Action Items
4. TTML 2 FPWD
5. Issues - pending review first, then open and discussed, then, since IMSC 1 is our next CR, any other open issues on IMSC 1
6. Planning for next change proposals to work on
7. AOB – please notify now!

Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

This week: TTML2 FPWD
September 25th (today): TTWG phone meeting: 2 Hours

Further ahead:
October 2nd: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour
Wednesday 8 October: closure date for issues on TTML2 - any new feature issues beyond this point to be addressed after LC or in v.next.
October 9th: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour
October 15th: IMSC 1 version suitable for CR submission
October 16th: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour
October 23rd: TTWG phone meeting: 1 hour
October 27th & 28th: TTWG F2F meeting at TPAC
Thursday 20th November: all issues on TTML2 to be closed or deliberately postponed (to v.next or LC review stage).
Wednesday 17th December: TTML2 CR ready to request for publication e.g. for publication on Thursday 18th December.

Agenda+ Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC)

Wiki page is at [1]. Currently empty. (Needs an agenda, attendees etc.)

Main topics will be TTML2 and WebVTT? IMSC 1 will be in CR at this point.

Agenda+ Progression of IMSC 1 to CR

Actions as per Thierry's email at [2].

Choose date for planned publication: we said "ready by Oct 15", but that's a Wednesday and publication must happen on a Tuesday or a Thursday; we can choose publication on Oct 14 or Oct 16.

Agenda+ Action items pending review

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-234<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234/edit>     pending review  Explore box-decoration-break in response to issue-286<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/234>     Glenn Adams     2014-08-31
ACTION-298<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298/edit>     pending review  Either proscribe or define semantics on specifying both @extends and @restricts on a ttp:{feature,ext3ension}<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/298>     Glenn Adams     2014-08-31
ACTION-329<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/329>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/329/edit>     pending review  Revisit issue-339 to investigate potential resolution options<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/329>     Frans de Jong   2014-09-24      allow #overflow<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/339>
ACTION-330<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/330>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/330/edit>     pending review  Consider contributing authors section of ttml2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/330>    Nigel Megitt    2014-09-24      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>



Agenda+ Action items overdue

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-236<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236/edit>       open    Review consistent use of "root temporal extent" in both ttml 2 and ttml 1 se<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/236>       Glenn Adams     2014-08-31
ACTION-283<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/283>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/283/edit>       open    And dsinger to respond to mpeg liaison<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/283>     Nigel Megitt    2014-09-10      Profile short names<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>
ACTION-286<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286/edit>       open    Send an email to public-tt describing the ttv hosting site at w3c<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/286>  Glenn Adams     2014-08-31
ACTION-287<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287/edit>       open    Elaborate on wording in §4 on namespace extension in ttml2 and as an errata to ttml1<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/287>       Glenn Adams     2014-08-31
ACTION-320<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/320>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/320/edit>       open    Review https://www.w3.org/wiki/ttml/codecsregistry w.r.t. recent ttml2 changes in profile definition mechanisms<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/320>    Glenn Adams     2014-08-21
ACTION-326<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/326>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/326/edit>       open    Review resolution to issue-340 and add review comments to issue<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/326>    Frans de Jong   2014-09-18
ACTION-327<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/327>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/327/edit>       open    Review resolution to issue-343 and add review comments to issue<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/327>    Frans de Jong   2014-09-18

Agenda+ Action items due next week

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-328<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/328>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/328/edit>       open    Revisit issue-339 to investigate potential resolution options<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/328>      Pierre-Anthony Lemieux  2014-09-24

ACTION-331<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/331>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/331/edit>       open    Contact cyril requesting git repository instructions for the tests.<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/331>        Nigel Megitt    2014-09-24

Agenda+ Issues raised over the past week

Pending Review issues
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-207<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/207>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/207/edit>
initial value of color property PENDING REVIEW  Consider adding a way to specify a specific, initial value for tts:color.<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/207>   2013-05-15      TTML2   0
ISSUE-228<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/228>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/228/edit>
Ruby text       PENDING REVIEW  Ruby text support<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/228>   2013-05-30      TTML2   0
ISSUE-277<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/277>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/277/edit>
region-style-inheritance        PENDING REVIEW  Adding style inheritance for regions.<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/277>       2013-09-05      TTML2   0
ISSUE-281<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/281>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/281/edit>
non-inherited style initialization      PENDING REVIEW  Non-inherited style initialization needs specification prose.<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/281>       2013-10-08      TTML2   0
ISSUE-305<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305/edit>
Profile short names     PENDING REVIEW  Registry of TTML profiles and short names<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/305>   2014-05-01              1
ISSUE-321<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/321>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/321/edit>  PENDING REVIEW  typo - s/ttp:feature/ttp:extension/ in 5th paragraph of 6.1.5<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/321>       2014-05-24      TTML 1.0 (Editorial)    0
ISSUE-325<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/325>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/325/edit>  PENDING REVIEW  Add 'prohibited' value to @ttp:validation<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/325>   2014-07-17      TTML2   0
ISSUE-327<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327/edit>
IMSC should meet W3C QA Framework Spec guidelines       PENDING REVIEW  IMSC should meet W3C QA Framework Spec guidelines<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/327>   2014-07-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-332<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332/edit>
#cellResolution support PENDING REVIEW  #cellResolution support<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/332>     2014-08-07      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-335<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/335>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/335/edit>
Negative times for offsets      PENDING REVIEW  In order to handle offsets between start time in TTML docs and start time in video, allow negative times to be used in fragment begin times.<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/335>        2014-08-14      TTML2   0
ISSUE-340<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/340>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/340/edit>
profile designator clarification        PENDING REVIEW  Make clear that the use of the ttp:profile attribute is not required.<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/340>       2014-08-27      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-342<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/342>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/342/edit>
add 2 ebutts elements   PENDING REVIEW  Add ebutts:multiRowAlign and ebutts:linePadding attributes to the IMSC Text Profile<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/342> 2014-09-03      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-343<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/343>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/343/edit>
non-IMSC/TTML elements  PENDING REVIEW  Processing of non-IMSC/TTML namespace elements<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/343>      2014-09-03      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-344<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/344>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/344/edit>
Note for unqualified attributes PENDING REVIEW  Add a clarification note expressing intent behind unqualified attribute names<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/344>       2014-09-09      TTML2   0
ISSUE-345<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/345>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/345/edit>  PENDING REVIEW  tts:overflow - ambiguous language about region extent<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/345>       2014-09-17      TTML 1.0 (Editorial)    0
ISSUE-346<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/346>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/346/edit>  PENDING REVIEW  Need ttp:mediaDuration parameter<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/346>    2014-09-21      TTML2   0
ISSUE-347<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/347>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/347/edit>
ISD Syntax      PENDING REVIEW  Define ISD Syntax for both UA internal use and interchange.<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/347> 2014-09-23      TTML2   0

Raised and discussed, or just discussed
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-270<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/270>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/270/edit>
nigel   OPEN    Appendix N assumption that root temporal extent corresponds with the beginning of a related media object<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/270>    2013-08-12      TTML2   0
ISSUE-339<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/339>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/339/edit>
allow #overflow OPEN    Allow the use of #overflow<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/339>  2014-08-27      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-348<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/348>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/348/edit>  OPEN    Make metric optional in offset-time form of time expressions.<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/348>       2014-09-23      TTML2   0




The following issues are currently Open on IMSC 1 – no further non-editorial issues will be opened until the next transition point:
ID      State   Title   Raised on       Product Open Actions
ISSUE-307<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307/edit>
Profile and conformance terminology     OPEN    Conformance language and processor profile rather than content profile.<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/307>     2014-05-02      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-315<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315/edit>
Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint      OPEN    Maximum number of regions should be a processor constraint<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/315>  2014-05-21      TTML IMSC 1.0   0
ISSUE-319<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319>[(edit)]<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319/edit>
HRM should be a processor compliance test       OPEN    HRM should be a processor compliance test and allow different levels of complexity for different use cases<http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/319>  2014-05-23      TTML IMSC 1.0   0


Agenda+ Change Proposals – progress and review

Change Proposal Index is at [2].

Our current priority 1 CPs are:
1       OPEN    1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   Amendments to the set attribute<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal001>
5       OPEN    1       Jerry Smith     TTML2   HTML5 Mapping semantics<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal005>
12      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Profile fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal012>
15      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.CSS additions<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal015>
16      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Conditional<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal016>
17      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Defaults<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal017>
19      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   Style.Syntax fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal019>
24      OPEN    1       Glenn Adams     TTML2   XML fixes<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal024>
25      OPEN    1       Nigel Megitt    TTML2   Distribution<https://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/changeProposal025>
Does any of the work discussed in this meeting result in a change of status to any CPs, e.g. To CLOSED-IMPLEMENTED?

Timeline for TTML2 updated in 14th August meeting.

W/C 22 September: TTML2 FPWD
Wednesday 8 October: closure date for issues on TTML2 - any new feature issues beyond this point to be addressed after LC or in v.next.
Monday 27th and Tuesday 28th October: TPAC F2F
Thursday 20th November: all issues on TTML2 to be closed or deliberately postponed (to v.next or LC review stage).
Wednesday 17th December: Last Call doc ready to request for publication.

Agenda+ AOB


References

[1] Santa Clara F2F October (TPAC) wiki page http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/tpac2014

[2] Thierry's email re taking IMSC 1 to CR: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2014Sep/0090.html

[3] Change Proposals at http://www.w3.org/wiki/TTML/ChangeProposalIndex

Tracker http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/trackerTTML

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText


Received on Wednesday, 24 September 2014 16:43:22 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:18 UTC