From: Glenn Adams [glenn@skynav.com]
Sent: 05 September 2014 17:42
To: Nigel Megitt
Cc: TTWG
Subject: Re: TTML2: encoding

Well, one implementation supports both UTF-8 and UTF-16, namely TTV; it also supports UTF-32. At present, we don't mandate a particular concrete encoding of TTML1 or TTML2, so I think it is best left as is. It would be strange to disallow an encoding that is sanctioned by XML but not required be supported by TTML.