Re: proposed updated response to MPEG on codecs

Hi Mike,

Le 16/10/2014 17:29, Michael Dolan a écrit :

> Per my action item from today, please see the attached.
>
> Over to Dave and Nigel for review to see if I captured where we ended
> up in today’s call; then over to Dave to upload to MPEG (or I can if
> needed).
>
> Time is very short and should be posted Sunday morning CEDT.

Sorry I could not attend today's call. The liaison is good. I just think
it should be clear that:

- the first part (stpp.mediaType) is a proposal to MPEG but the final
decision is left to MPEG.

- the second part ( application/ttml+xml;procProfile=dialect1…dialectn)
is the responsability of the TTWG.

So, I'd suggest the following changes (or similar):

s/We offer to refine the proposal that the codecs parameter be of the
form:/We recommend MPEG to define the codecs parameter for subtitle and
timed text tracks of the form:/
and
s/Where “/medaType/” is a fully qualified media type string, including
parameters/Where “/mediaType/” is a fully qualified media type string,
including parameters, as defined by the IANA registry for the data
carried in the track/

s/, of the form:/To assist ISOBMFF players in identifying the flavor of
TTML documents from the above proposed codecs value, the W3C TTWG will
define: a) a new parameter to the TTML MIME to specify and combine short
identifiers for profiles, b) a registry for the association between the
short identifier and the associated specification of the TTML profile.

Regards,
Cyril

--
Cyril Concolato