Re: ISSUE-317 (IMSC should not require frame alignment): IMSC should not require frame alignment [TTML IMSC 1.0]

On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 1:39 AM, Michael Dolan <mdolan@newtbt.com> wrote:

> CIL

Note that since we support expressing time as arbitrary precision fractions
of frames, i.e., using the *offset-time* syntax [1] with metric 'f' and
fraction component.

We also support using the 't' metric with fractions, so, e.g., one could
author a document using ttp:tickRate of 90000 or 27000000 to synchronize
with PTS or PCR granularity (or fractions thereof).

[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2013/REC-ttml1-20130924/#timing-value-timeExpression

How this is time is synchronized to a related media object that uses a
different frame or tick rate is another issue, but I think there is no
problem in authoring against a known related media object.