Re: publication of WebVTT to a first public WD

On 24/06/2014 18:49, David Singer wrote:

> On Jun 24, 2014, at 5:49 , Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com> wrote:
>
>> Is it OK if the FPWD uses a ugly URL and not http://www.w3.org/TR/webvtt/ ? The latter is going to attract search engines and cause people to comment on an outdated copy.
>
> That’s a staff question.  Thierry, are there constraints on the URL form for a FPWD?

If we publish in TR, you must have two URL:

1- a dated URL (presuming we publish today)

This version:
     http://www.w3.org/TR/2014/WD-webvtt-20140624/

2- a latest version URL (short name)

Latest published version:
     http://www.w3.org/TR/webvtt/

Philippe, our Domain Leader should approve the short name string (webvtt).

Furthermore, the SotD section should say:

"This is a First Public Working Draft of WebVTT 1.1 by Timed Text
Working Group..."

> What about LCWD?

If it is a First WD and a Last Call WD

The SotD section should  say:

"This is a First  Public and Last Call Working Draft of WebVTT 1.1 by
Timed Text Working Group..."

Hope this clarifies the issue.

Thierry