Re: [TTML2] Current draft - ttm:item concept

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 1:46 AM, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
wrote:

>  From: John Birch <John.Birch@screensystems.tv> Date: Friday, 12 December
> 2014 09:36
>
>    Re: Note that we do have some existing, item specific vocabulary,
> e.g., copyright, desc, title, which at this point, I view as legacy
> vocabulary (we might even want to define counterpart named metadata items
> so these could be alternatively expressed with ttm:item).
>
> I think such a rationalisation would be extremely useful in promoting the
> new generic ttm:item based metadata concept. Future versions of TTML
> derived standards could then adopt a strategy of defining mappings of
> domain specific metadata using the generic scheme.
>

> Would it be useful to consider some means of avoiding ‘name collision’
> between different derived standards defining mappings *at the TTML level*?
> E.g. a repository / registry?
>

>  Classification scheme URI on an item parent, inherited by children?

I defined the value space for @name on ttm:item as follows.
14.3.1 <item-name>

A <item-name> expression is used to specify the name of a metadata item
expressed with a ttm:item <#metadata-vocabulary-item> element.
Syntax Representation – <item-name>

<item-name>
  : <named-item> <#metadata-value-named-item>
  | xsd:token <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#token>
  | xsd:anyURI <http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#anyURI>

If an item name expression takes the form of an xsd:anyURI
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#anyURI>, then it must express an
absolute URI.
All values of <item-name> that do not take the form of (1) an absolute URI
or (2) a token that has the prefix x- are reserved for future
standardization by the W3C.