Re: Question on Timed Text Markup Language (TTML)

The purpose of captioning is to align the text with the spoken dialog and
the video.  The paragraph is split across multiple 'p' elements presumably
because that is how it aligns with the spoken dialog.  Even sentences are
split.  Consider the sentence "Three were given to the Elves, immortal,
wisest...fairest of all beings." in the opening of FOTR.  If I remember the
narration timing correctly (deliberate pauses), the split might look
something like this:

David