W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > August 2013

[Minutes] TTWG telecon 08/08/2013

From: Thierry MICHEL <tmichel@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 16:49:18 +0200
Message-ID: <5203AFEE.6080303@w3.org>
To: W3C Public TTWG <public-tt@w3.org>
Hi all,

Minutes of the TTWG telecon 08/08/2013 are available at

http://www.w3.org/2013/08/08-tt-minutes.html

or following as plain text.

Thierry


    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                 Timed Text Working Group Teleconference

08 Aug 2013

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2013/08/08-tt-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Sean, Thierry, Nigel, Mike, Plh

    Regrets
           Pierre

    Chair
           SV_MEETING_CHAIR

    Scribe
           plh

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Progress on drafting ttml2
          2. [5]Profile Submission
          3. [6]TV IG input
          4. [7]Issue 259
          5. [8]Issue 260
          6. [9]261
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      __________________________________________________________

    <trackbot> Date: 08 August 2013

    Previous minutes:
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2013/07/25-tt-minutes.html

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2013/07/25-tt-minutes.html

    <scribe> scribe: plh

    <tmichel> z

Progress on drafting ttml2

    Sean: let's skip it that

Profile Submission

    Sean: regrets from Pierre

TV IG input

    also skipped

Issue 259

    issue-259?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-259 -- Define "closest" -- raised

    <trackbot>
    [12]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/259

      [12] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/259

    Nigel: cfstt specify the round up rules
    ... so it would be sensible to choose that rule, unless there
    are others

    Sean: Glenn has an action to go through that

Issue 260

    Issue-260?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-260 -- When agent is not @type 'character',
    then should prohibit actor child. -- raised

    <trackbot>
    [13]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/260

      [13] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/260

    Nigel: sent a suggestion

    -->
    [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2013Aug/0010.
    html

      [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2013Aug/0010.html

261

    Issue-261?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-261 -- signaling docoument profile conformance
    is separate from decoder presentation requirements -- raised

    <trackbot>
    [15]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/261

      [15] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/261

    Mike: let's differ one meeting, hoping for some input

    <tmichel> ISSUE-263 ?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-263 -- profile feature set may not match
    intended feature constraints -- raised

    <trackbot>
    [16]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263

      [16] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/263

    <tmichel> still open

    <tmichel> ISSUE-264 ?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-264 -- What XML entities are valid in TTML
    canonical syntax -- open

    <trackbot>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/264

      [17] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/264

    <tmichel> sill open Glenn and Sean point of view differ here.
    Needs more discussion

    issue-265?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-265 -- Some bad tests -- raised

    <trackbot>
    [18]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/265

      [18] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/265

    Sean: we should do a pass at the test suite indeed

    <tmichel> Should have new tests for the new stuff (like dynamic
    flow)

    <tmichel> should run the test suite in Glenn's verifier

    <tmichel> Let wait for some people to volunteer here.

    <tmichel> plh TTML1 second edition review ends on august 6th
    ... only two companies answered ...

    <tmichel> Should extent by a week.

    <tmichel> ACTION:plh to send a reminder for review of TTML1
    second edition [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2013/08/08-tt-minutes.html#action01]

    <tmichel> plh: have a review until August 22 nd

    [20]https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/default/ttml10/spec/tt
    ml-changes.html#change-history-per-to-rec-23

      [20] 
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/ttml/raw-file/default/ttml10/spec/ttml-changes.html#change-history-per-to-rec-23

    <tmichel> Last week of August we can't publish. So may publish
    early sept.

    [21]http://mpeg.chiariglione.org/sites/default/files/files/meet
    ings/docs/w13651.

      [21] 
http://mpeg.chiariglione.org/sites/default/files/files/meetings/docs/w13651.

    docx

    [22]http://mpeg.chiariglione.org/sites/default/files/files/meet
    ings/docs/w13651.docx

      [22] 
http://mpeg.chiariglione.org/sites/default/files/files/meetings/docs/w13651.docx

    <tmichel> ACTION-88 ?

    <trackbot> ACTION-88 -- Philippe Le Hégaret to make sure the
    TTML media type is properly registered for Issue-175. -- due
    2013-07-31 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [23]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/88

      [23] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/88

    I'll ping the IESG

    issue-179?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-179 -- Interpreting the pixel measure -- open

    <trackbot>
    [24]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/179

      [24] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/179

    action-141?

    <trackbot> ACTION-141 -- Sean Hayes to call for Action to
    identify discrepancies in TTML 1.0 on different profiles. --
    due 2013-02-14 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [25]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/141

      [25] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/141

    Sean thinking this one needs to be folded in a more general
    plan about feature cleanup

    Nigel: not sure what the overall plan.

    Sean: yes, we'll schedule a profile call
    ... and find out how they're used
    ... so folks needs to do their homework on profile first

    action-166?

    <trackbot> ACTION-166 -- Mike Dolan to open issue for 1.1
    regarding encodings -- due 2013-06-27 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [26]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/166

      [26] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/166

    [27]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2013Jun/0129.
    html

      [27] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2013Jun/0129.html

    issue-197?

    <trackbot> ISSUE-197 -- charset/encoding unconstrained --
    closed

    <trackbot>
    [28]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/197

      [28] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/issues/197

    action-174?

    <trackbot> ACTION-174 -- Mike Dolan to open issue or send text
    for opening issue on adding ability for document to declare
    what profile it adheres to (from a document profile compliance
    perspective) -- due 2013-07-18 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [29]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/174

      [29] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/174

    Mike: we have a handfull of those...

    Sean: I'll look into that then

    action-182?

    <trackbot> ACTION-182 -- Thierry Michel to create ttml2 and
    ttml1 short names, to change tracker product labels as needed
    -- due 2013-07-25 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [30]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/182

      [30] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/182

    Thierry: we need to use [31]http://www.w3.org/TR/ttml1
    ... I did some updates in the tracker

      [31] http://www.w3.org/TR/ttml1

    Sean: we need TTML1, TTML2, and TTML.vnext
    ... so you need to create TTML.vnext

    Thierry: ok

    close action-182

    <trackbot> Closed ACTION-182 Create ttml2 and ttml1 short
    names, to change tracker product labels as needed.

    action-184?

    <trackbot> ACTION-184 -- Thierry Michel to check with Angel if
    Monday/Friday is ok for TPAC 2013 -- due 2013-08-01 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [32]http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/184

      [32] http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/184

    Thierry: Angel agreed that we can meet on Monday and Friday

    Sean: we don't need a reminder

    plh: might be good to have a wiki page for the f2f

    <scribe> ACTION: Thierry will create a wiki for the
    face-to-face meeting [recorded in
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2013/08/08-tt-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-190 - Will create a wiki for the
    face-to-face meeting [on Thierry Michel - due 2013-08-15].

    Sean: don't forget to get a visa

    <tmichel> plh: Charter update.

    <tmichel> needs review from the CG.

    <tmichel> have all the issues captured. Maybe should have an
    Action item for it

    regrets from me for next week

    <tmichel> regrets for me the following week ...

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: plh to send a reminder for review of TTML1 second
    edition [recorded in
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2013/08/08-tt-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Thierry will create a wiki for the face-to-face
    meeting [recorded in
    [35]http://www.w3.org/2013/08/08-tt-minutes.html#action02]

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________


     Minutes formatted by David Booth's [36]scribe.perl version
     1.138 ([37]CVS log)
     $Date: 2013-08-08 14:45:34 $
      __________________________________________________________

      [36] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
      [37] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

    [Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11
Check for newer version at [38]http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/
scribe/

      [38] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/minuts/minutes/
Succeeded: s/TTML2/TTML1 second edition/
Found Scribe: plh
Inferring ScribeNick: plh
Present: Sean Thierry Nigel Mike Plh
Regrets: Pierre

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 08 Aug 2013
Guessing minutes URL: [39]http://www.w3.org/2013/08/08-tt-minutes.html
People with action items: plh thierry

      [39] http://www.w3.org/2013/08/08-tt-minutes.html


    End of [40]scribe.perl diagnostic output]

      [40] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
Received on Thursday, 8 August 2013 14:49:42 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:11 UTC