Re: TTML after March

Dear Philippe,

As pointed out in my previous mail [1] the further maintenance of TTML
is very important for the EBU XML format for subtitles (EBU-TT). We
therefore support the lifetime-extension of the TTML working group.

Best regards,

Andreas

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-timed-text/2012Jan/0000.html

Am 11.01.2012 22:40, schrieb Philippe Le Hegaret:
> The charter of the TTML Working Group will expire at the end of March
> 2012 [1] (it was extended for one year in 2011). I'm curious about the
> thoughts from individuals here about what to do, if anything, beyond the
> end of March.
>
> For example, SMPTE did some extensions to SMPTE-TT back in 2010. Should
> we look at those and fold them back in the specification?
>
> Dynamic flow was removed from the specification due to lack of
> implementation experience. Should it be reconsidered?
>
> Should we switch from XSL FO to CSS?
>
> Should we do a profile of TTML as well and retaining features that are
> the most deployed?
>
> Or should the group just declare victory and go home?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Philippe
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/timed-text-wg.html
> [2]
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/CR-ttaf1-dfxp-20100223/#style-attribute-dynamicFlow
>
> PS: if someone wants to ask the Timed Text Community Group for feedback
> on this matter as well, feel free to forward this message. Input is
> welcome!

Andreas Tai
Production Systems Television IRT - Institut fuer Rundfunktechnik GmbH
R&D Institute of ARD, ZDF, DRadio, ORF and SRG/SSR
Floriansmuehlstrasse 60, D-80939 Munich, Germany

Phone: +49 89 32399-389 | Fax: +49 89 32399-200
http: www.irt.de | Email: tai@irt.de

registration court&   managing director:
Munich Commercial, RegNo. B 5191
Dr. Klaus Illgner-Fehns