From: Philippe Le Hegaret [mailto:plh@w3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 4:41 PM
To: public-tt
Subject: TTML after March

The charter of the TTML Working Group will expire at the end of March
2012 [1] (it was extended for one year in 2011). I'm curious about the thoughts from individuals here about what to do, if anything, beyond the end of March.

For example, SMPTE did some extensions to SMPTE-TT back in 2010. Should we look at those and fold them back in the specification?

Dynamic flow was removed from the specification due to lack of implementation experience. Should it be reconsidered?

Should we switch from XSL FO to CSS?

Should we do a profile of TTML as well and retaining features that are the most deployed?

Or should the group just declare victory and go home?

Thank you,

Philippe

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/timed-text-wg.html

[2]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/CR-ttaf1-dfxp-20100223/#style-attribute-dynamicFlow

PS: if someone wants to ask the Timed Text Community Group for feedback on this matter as well, feel free to forward this message. Input is welcome!