Re: *Last Call* Timed Text document (Review by June 30)

But they (end and dur) *can* be used together, and such use is well defined
by SMIL semantics, and has a well defined resolution. See [1] under
"Defining the simple duration" and "Active duration algorithm". We most
vehemently do not wish to attempt to re-express or paraphrase this
(admittedly) complex portion of the SMIL specification.
[1]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-SMIL2-20051213/smil-timing.html#Timing-SemanticsOfTimingModel