From: Glenn A. Adams [mailto:gadams@xfsi.com]
Sent: 27 April 2009 9:38 AM
To: Sean Hayes
Cc: Public TTWG List
Subject: Re: ISSUE-70 (tts:overflow): region background infinite extent [DFXP 1.0]

I agree; however, as you have probably noticed, I have for the most part
completely avoided using XSL FO terminology in the prose describing style
properties, and have instead defered this usage until section 9.3. I would
like to continue avoiding introducing this terminology earlier in the
document.

Notice that XSL 1.1 6.5.3 already normatively says this (referring to areas
generated by fo:block-container):

"The block-progression-dimension of the reference-area is not constrained;
thus the reference-area may be larger than the viewport-area and this may
cause the "overflow" property to operate."

So we effectively already say as much since we normatively reference these
semantics.

G.