RE: BasicTiming011

On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 22:18 +0100, Sean Hayes wrote:
> Thanks Phillipe.
>
> Yes you are correct, there are more than three lines of content, but cctually the three lines in BasicTiming011 is intended to refer to the fact that the extent of the region is (3em), and as the overflow defaults to hidden; if you can see more than three lines at one time, then the implementation is incorrect.

I fixed the default of overflow in my implementation and I now see 2.5
lines. I looked at why this was the case:

The default value of line-height is normal is defined as a "reasonable"
value based on the value of the font-size, which is recommended to be
something between 1.0 and 1.2 (in order words, 1em to 1.2em). The height
of 3em also refers to the size of the font-size. So, if you want to
guarantee that the third line is completely visible, you should also set
a value for line-height in the test and take it into account for the
height of the region.

Philippe