RE: TTWG minutes October 16, 2008

I'd be interested in knowing which of these 708 features are in regular use.  Perhaps your contact at Softel could tell us or maybe Brad at WGBH would know?

Do we have a general sense of the inverse - what is in DFXP that isn't in 708? I haven't had a chance to look into this yet...
AWK

Window anchor points - no equivalent mechanism in DFXP but could possibly be faked by combination of region extent, origin, displayAlign and textAlign properties.

window fade in/out - dfxp has no intermediate animation, but could be approximated using set and opacity.

window wipes - dfxp has no intermediate animation, but could possibly be approximated using set and extent.

window borders - dfxp has no equivalent, but could possibly fake it with region background, padding and div background.

text subscript/superscript - dfxp has no equivalent. Could set font height in a span, but no way to accurately move baseline.

role tagging in 708 can be parameterised.

Sean Hayes
Media Accessibility Strategist
Accessibility Business Unit
Microsoft